rory

Whats this DVR - anyone know it?

Hey rory, that's the DVR that I was talking about, I am a reseller for the eastern US for it. it uses embledded Windows XP, and it uses the Witness DVR card. PM for info, but just so you know, this puppy retails for $9500.00!!!!!

All systems include Remote Controller, Mouse, Network Function, Windows XP License; HDD storage available up to over 1.2 Terabyte per system. **All are equipped with additional composite TV Output of switch mode function, additional Multiplexing TV Output with remote controller & Dual VGA Monitor Display.

Actually, I am the reseller for Yokotech, and I-view I sell all their products. anyone interested in more info, post it here, or PM me.

http://www.yoko-tech.com.tw

http://www.i-view.com.tw

Edited by Guest

it looks good, the big question is, have you tested it yet?

Also, I notice they have some with the XP on the end, and some with ASE, any idea what that means? And, do they look as good in real as the photo shop image

Thanks

Rory

Well, yeah, they look REAL good and sturdy, and it was tested for as long as my "vacation" was for, with no flaws, this unit I recieved in may for testing and it's still going on strong, minor revisions where made to it, like for example, my favorite one, you can set it so that it auto-updates itself over the net, and it doesn't require a reboot to install the update.

It has a RS board and netcomm module already installed to control PTZ cams, and POS data overlay.

To be honest, I have no idea on what the difference is in the XP and the ASE models, I'll find out and let you know.

Hermin

the only thing im worried about, is its XP and if that means there may be the same security risks as with a regular PC system? Though I havent seen anything like that in a stand alone yet especially 32 channels .. saw the PDF image and looks good.

XP embeded is vunerable to some of the same stuff that XP itself is vunerable to, but not all of it. When Sasser was making it's rounds XP embeded wasn't vunerable. But it was vunerable to the follow up worm that was some idiot's way of deploying the patch. Diebold had a lot of fun cleaning up a bunch of ATM's that were infected. Like any product I would place a hardware firewall between it and the outside world.

Very true thomas, anything, even stand alone DVR'S need to have a firewall protecting them. Remember, anyone determined can get into an unprotected system, not only pc's, expecially since you can go to every manufacturers website and download a particular model's remote software, all it takes is an ingenious 14 year old with too much knowledge and time on his hands (trus me, I know )

here rory:

Here are the the differential between Digi Series XP and ASE.

XP - Real-Time Display & Recording w/Mpeg 4 Hardware Compression

- Support High Resolution up to 720 x 480

- Up to 16-Channel Audio Recording

ASE - Real-Time Display but not Real-Time Recording w/Software Compression

- Recording resolution up to 640 x 480

- 1-Channel Audio Recording

Both support Dynamic & Static IP

Both support POS Text Insertion into video clip as OPTION