maximusbraveheart

Wire crossed. Green flashing LED on PTZ cam; Help!

Hello all! I am installing a Linux server based system. One of my cameras; a "JetView" PTZ 7" model JE900L, dome camera is not working. I had the power polarity reversed upon start up so I am thinking it went into a "safe" mode. It has 2 LEDs a red power LED and green programming LED. The red LED comes on OK & the camera runs through its zoom range and outputs an image OK. However the PTZ mecanism NEVER trys to move and the green LED goes on solid right away and then starts flashing once per second after about one minute. My 2nd JetView works fine and no green LED comes on upon power up. That is only to come on when programming the left and right setup via pressing 2 buttons on the board. To unlock it, I have tried pressing these in assorted times and combinations to no help; LOL...

Any ideas would be appreciated! I can order a new board from China for $120 w/ shipping. Trying to avoid that as I am pretty sure it is OK. The manual does not adress a continual green flashing of the LED.

Thanks for your input! M-B

Website support is almost useless, but if you wired that camera up backwards with it being 12vdc, then probably shorted something out. Cannot locate a manual so I cannot help with anything else, sorry.

There might be an internal fuse. That's one of the reasons I dislike 12VDC for cameras. Some manufacturers have "crowbar" protection for reverse polarity, with a diode and fuse; some use a full-wave rectifier bridge so that polarity is not an issue. Unfortunately, many manufacturers cheap out and don't use any form of reverse polarity protection, thus saving approximately 50 cents or less in parts costs.

I am thinking it does have protection because of the flashing LED. If the board was dead that would not flash and why solid green at first when it is suppose to be off until the 2 buttons are pressed together for 2 secs.? Seems like it is saying something thus likely was designed that way vs. just being dead in the water. I have the installation manual and it does not address it. Thanks!!!

Well I took it apart. The servo motors were very stiff; particularly the 360 degree one. Hard to budge. They tested OK at 50 ohms across 2 windings each so that is likely OK. I could not get the motors to run on 9v or 12v for some reason. Put it all back together and then ordered a replacement PTZ unit. Oh well... I'll use it as a still camera for now till the parts come from overseas.

Thanks for your help.