3RDIGLBL

Remote PTZ Control

I have a question regarding remote PTZ Control through GV. I have a NET I/O card and my PTZ camera is working flawless locally. When I remote in through the Webcam Internet Explorer and through Multiview the PTZ control is greyed out and states no PTZ Device is connected so I have no option of PTZ control but if I remote in through Multicam I can select PTZ control using that and I have control of it.

What am I doing wrong to have this control greyed out in Multiview? I am logged in as supervisor so all the checkboxes are checked so I should have full control.

Thanks.

Check under Password setup to see if the account you are using is allowed to control the PTZ when using each remote method.

Check under Password setup to see if the account you are using is allowed to control the PTZ when using each remote method.

Thanks for the reply, however, as I mentioned I log in as a supervisor so all the privileges are checkmarked including the one that is marked as PTZ. I also have control of the PTZ when I use the Multicam application but not through any other remote access method.

This is an important system so I would like to figure out why I don't have PTZ control through all remote view methods.

Thanks.

I am not sure if this is the same issue your are experiencing, I had the PTZ not work on web cam and finally noticed that I did not select “Enable Remote Controlâ€

I am not sure if this is the same issue your are experiencing, I had the PTZ not work on web cam and finally noticed that I did not select “Enable Remote Controlâ€

THanks for the replies.

I already had the Remote Control selected. I tried deselecting and reselecting to see if that would fix but no luck.

I'm not sure i understand what PTZ Camera Mapping means. It works just fine through the local computer and through Multicam but not through the webcam service. Would mapping cause this to be an issue if so can you please explain what is meant by it and I will look into that.

I appreciate the ideas. I thought there was someone from GV on this forum. I wonder if he has any possible insight as well.

This is actually the only issue at the moment and is preventing me from doing an install at a customer site who currently has two PTZ cameras but wants to upgrade his DVR to this GV system. I also have another customer who the same type of upgrade an he also has PTZ cameras but if I can't get it working then I guess I'll have to look into some other type of DVR.

I'm not impressed with the Avermedia and there are a number of other DVR cards out there but GV seems to be the more popular one.

****EDIT: I just also realized within the webcam server setup under the VIDEO tab that the allowed PTZ cameras all show greyed out boxes. It does not even recognize that I have a PTZ camera connected yet I'm using the darn thing. What could I be missing? The PTZ camera is a no name Pelco D protocol camera. Camera works great other than working through the webcam.

Thanks

You need to resolve the Camera Mapping PTZ control problem first.

This feature basically tells the GeoVision software what camera ports are PTZ cameras, which address and protocol they are working on.

Click on Camera Mapping PTZ Dome in the Menu

Select the camera channel

Select the Address of the camera

Select the protocol of the camera

Once this is done, you need to tick the box you previously mentioned under the Video tab of the webcam server (allowed PTZ)

Freakin SWEET!

Thanks a ton for the help all. It was the camera mapping that was the issue and for some reason I missed seeing that in the menu. I squinted a bit harder and saw it there

Everything is working great now. Now I just have to play around with all the other cool features when I get it to the customer place. He is playing guinea pig with this DVR so that is cool of him. He currently has an 8 camera system with two PTZ cameras so he has an ideal environment for me to play with all the cool features GV has. The only thing I still fight with is the recording quality don't seem to be that great but I guess it is part of the design. I find my low end embedded DVR records much better with less jagged edges and such but I'll continue messing with it.

Thanks for the help

OK one more question. Now that we finally got the PTZ working is there a way to get into the PTZ camera menu remotely? I can get into the PTZ camera menu over the local GV computer but it doesn't seem to have a way to get into the menu remotely.

I get into my GV Computer over TightVNC but of course I don't see the video transmission through a remote desktop viewer.

Thanks

If you have PTZ mapping correct and the PTZ is allowed over webcam you should see the controller icon on the right hand side. if you see it click on it and then switch it to On.

Ya I got the PTZ Control Panel running but I mean in order to get into the PTZ menu like I would normally issue a 95-preset in order to get into my PTZ camera via the local PTZ controller.

Can I get into the camera menu to make changes to camera settings remotely?

Thanks.

OK one more question. Now that we finally got the PTZ working is there a way to get into the PTZ camera menu remotely? I can get into the PTZ camera menu over the local GV computer but it doesn't seem to have a way to get into the menu remotely.

I get into my GV Computer over TightVNC but of course I don't see the video transmission through a remote desktop viewer.

Thanks

Turn off direct draw overlay and you should get the ability to see the video feed when connected through VNC. If not, try UltraVNC. Works for me.

Ya I got the PTZ Control Panel running but I mean in order to get into the PTZ menu like I would normally issue a 95-preset in order to get into my PTZ camera via the local PTZ controller.

Can I get into the camera menu to make changes to camera settings remotely?

Thanks.

I don't know about that. I never tried it honestly maybe someone else can chime in about that.

Thanks for the repies.

I tried disabling direct draw overlay. Although I was able to see the video now over VNC I found it had created some other issues so I renabled that. That is a great work around though.

I found, as tedious as it may sound, ALT-TABBING between my remote VNC session and my multicam view session provides a work around for me. In my VNC session I can select the camer menu and also do the IRIS OPEN and CLOSE commands and within my multicam screen I can control the up and down within the camera menu. Crude but it works and did not require doing anything special to the settings.

If there was an IRIS control in multicam then I would be able to do all this with multicam except for maybe initiating the 95 PRESET command.

Good feature to add to multicam there GEOVISION. Is Andy out there anymore?

Thanks.