FunkyRX

AVC761 Recommended settings for detection setup

Hi,

I recently purchased an AVC761 for home use and have it set to Event recording. Looking through the playback list there are a heap of events which don't really have anything in the picture.

What I want to do is fine tune it so it only records when there is something in the picture.

I havent changed the detection setup from default. Was wondering what the recommended settings are that other people are using for LS SS TS and RE. Currently set to:

LS SS TS RE

07 03 02 10

FYI two cameras are day/night one day only.

Thanks in advance!

[/u][/b]

Hi,

I recently purchased an AVC761 for home use and have it set to Event recording. Looking through the playback list there are a heap of events which don't really have anything in the picture.

What I want to do is fine tune it so it only records when there is something in the picture.

I havent changed the detection setup from default. Was wondering what the recommended settings are that other people are using for LS SS TS and RE. Currently set to:

LS SS TS RE

07 03 02 10

Thanks in advance!

[/u][/b]

Those settings look fine. Have you done a "setup" of your motion sensor to highlight areas that need to change before it records motion? I had a tree in the background that triggered my camera way too often. I eventually blocked out the icon that displayed that tree branch, and all is fine now. Got the UPS guy delivering mail on Friday... and he even looked up at the camera with some concern! So do check your "setup" on the same page you see those settings, and highlight areas where you think a criminal would have to travel before triggering it. Also, check your other settings. Did you accidentally leave Manual record on? Timer schedule record on? It defaults as "No" recording for each one, but who knows what could have changed. Give us some feedback as to what you are doing, and especially if you are leaving the "whole" screen as a trigger area. I would recommend against it, and customize your area of intent.

Cheers, Odd Ballz

Hi,

LS SS TS RE

07 03 02 10

Thanks in advance!

[/u][/b]

Do not change the LS SS TS and the RE just yet.

Do you have a manual? It will describe how to change those settings.

HOW TO SET UP MOTION DETECTION WITH THE FOLLOWING DVRs

AVC 760, AVC 761, AVC 781, AVC 782, AVC 782A

If your motion detection screen is pink then it is not recording. Pink is used for motion masking such as trees, bushes, ect.

If your screen is clear, then that is the correct setting for detection.

select ADVANCE

select DETECTION Move the cursor to the second column marked DET, make sure it says ON for all of the cameras that you have hooked up.

Now move the cursor to the third column marked AREA. On cam one press enter. If the page is pink then this is not seeing "motion", if it is clear than it is looking for motion to trigger recording.

Here is the hard part to describe. Find where the cursor is blinking (probably around the center of the screen somewhere) using the left arrow move it to the far left of your screen, using the up arrow go all the way to the top of the screen. Press enter (this marks a starting point), move the cursor down to the bottom of the screen, (do not touch any buttons except arrow/directional buttons), when you get to the bottom of the screen use the right arrow, and move the cursor to the right.

Here is what you should be seeing. When you pressed enter at the top of the screen the square went from pink to clear, as you pressed the arrow down the whole column became clear. As you used the right arrow the screen slowly became clear as you worked your way to the right.

When you get to the right side of the screen you can move your hand in front of a camera and you will see all of the squares "activating" as it follows your movements. Press ENTER to stop the selection process. You are now good to go for motion detection.

Press MENU to back out of camera one area, and press the down arrow to get to camera two area. Press ENTER, and repeat steps for each camera.

Here is a trick. If you have some outdoor cameras, and you have some bushes, trees, ect, then you can set up motion masking. Now the bushes, and trees will not trigger your cameras.

Move the cursor to where you want to start a motion area. Start at the top of this area, press enter, go down as many squares as you need then work your way to the left or right to make a "masking" box. Press enter to stop the selection process. You can now freely move the cursor. Go to your next area that you want motion detection, and make your box, rectangle, or just go wild to get all of the nooks, and cranny around moving objects.

Press menu to get out of AREA, press menu to get out of Detection.

Go to RECORD

go to event record

press enter. It should say YES

Press menu to get out of the menu pages.

Note:

Some DVRs may have a pink screen with a clear center area.

Turn the center area pink then continue with the instuctions to set up detection.