bobobee

how can i connect and configure 22 DVR systems ?

Hello there,

I have up to 22 Dvr systems to be connected to the network, can somebody tell me what and what i need for the configuration so that all the over 100 cameras that are been connected to these DVR can be viewed over the internet.

Thank you.

Hello there,

I have up to 22 Dvr systems to be connected to the network, can somebody tell me what and what i need for the configuration so that all the over 100 cameras that are been connected to these DVR can be viewed over the internet.

Thank you.

What kind of systems? Are you talking about a single LAN, a WAN or do you have 22 locations?

All the 22 DVRs are on the same LAN, and each DVR has up to 8 cameras, so we want to connect all the 22 DVRs together to view them as 1 on WAN.

Thank you

All the 22 DVRs are on the same LAN, and each DVR has up to 8 cameras, so we want to connect all the 22 DVRs together to view them as 1 on WAN.

Thank you

Well for a start, if they are all the same make/model they will all have the same default IP address, (avtech 760 uses 192.168.1.10) so after reading your manual, you will need to hook up one DVR at a time to the network, log on to it using the default IP address and then change the IP address. once the IP address is changed then do the next one and so on. use IP addresses high up so not to conflict with other network devices.

Note:

If you cannot log onto the first DVR, check that your network is using the same IP range i.e. 192.168.1.***. routers do vary.

Thank you

And who makes them?