drmacchi

avc 776w -recorded videos problem

Hi all, this is my first post and hope someone could help me. my avtech 776w dvr has been working perfect since 1 year. now i have a big problem: recorded videos are plenty of "rumors", colored spots, lines , dots etc. LIVE VIDEO IS PERFECT, only recording has problems. i changed: hard disk , ide cable, then open the case and add a big fan to keep cool all the mainboard , NOTHING HAS CHANGED. i reset dvr, nothing too. any ideas? thanks in advance. lorenzo

You have done everything that I was going to tell you to do!

I have no options left.

Unless there is a dirty contact somewhere then it may be a bad chip.

I would see if you could find another DVR like yours. If you can put your hard drive in to another machine, and watch the video then if it works then the chip that puts the data on to the Hard Drive is working, and the chip that reads the hard drive may be bad. I do not know how these systems actually work and I am only "paraphrasing".

If the video looks bad right off the bat in the other machine then your DVR is def bad.

Hi and thank you for help! I was thinking the same thing. to put my hd in another dvr. my reseller is still selling this one model, but i saw here that it's an old model! just to understand if i have a "fox" reseller , price of a new one is 650 euros. is this a correct?

I have no options left.

Unless there is a dirty contact somewhere then it may be a bad chip.

I would see if you could find another DVR like yours. If you can put your hard drive in to another machine, and watch the video then if it works then the chip that puts the data on to the Hard Drive is working, and the chip that reads the hard drive may be bad. I do not know how these systems actually work and I am only "paraphrasing".

If the video looks bad right off the bat in the other machine then your DVR is def bad.

if i have a "fox" reseller , price of a new one is 650 euros. is this a correct?

I do not know what is meant by a "fox" reseller?

I am out of touch with euro pricing.

If it is on the high side then I hope that excellant tech support is provided.

If the price is bargain basement then it is a wholesale price, and you assume responciblity for the role of tech support.

Hi Scorpion, i have some news: my reseller gave me a new dvr, because of warranty. so problem solved, but i have a questionn: i was using VIDEO SERVER S with the first dvr without problem i tried video sever E , but it didn't work , it didn't find dvr in the lan range. Now with the new one (same model obviously!) it' s the opposite ! v.s S does'nt get in touch with dvr, while v.s S works perfectly! Why? just to understand and learn new things.... Thanks ! lorenzo

That is common.

Video Server S Software cannot read up to a Video Server E machine.

Video Server E in some cases is "backwards" compatable.

If you have Video Server E then you will find that you will like it much better than VS S.

I am really glad to hear that your dealer got you going.

If you would give that company a shout out!

If you would give that company a shout out!

sorry , my english isn't so good, what do you mean by those words? i didn't uinderstand.

then about video server E , does it have more features or more performances? have a good Sunday.