ozziefish

Do I have a Ground Loop??

I have had a system installed at a warehouse for a year and a new problen has arisen:

The video of one camera is completed distorted. (See attached photo.) It only happens at certain times of the day. I have taken the following measures to try and solve the problem to no avail:

1. Replace DVR

2. Run a new RG59+pwr cable (no closer than 5ft from any high voltage lighting or conduit.)

3. Replace the camera

4. Replace the power supply

5. Install a Pelco GIT100 Ground Loop Isolator near the DVR

6. Grounded the equipment rack

7. Every component is plugged into the same AC outlet via an UPS.

I STILL HAVE THE SAME VIDEO DISTORTION!!!

Is it possible that the brick wall the camera is mounted to has somehow induced a ground loop strong enough to over power to GIT100??

I have spent days of work and come up with no solution. Please help anyone if you can.

Thanks - Ozziefish

1356055629_BrandtCamer3working.thumb.JPG.c23d2ad40a865d33886214444b70ec0c.JPG

1964457341_BrandtCamera3.thumb.JPG.06667be15067b9d4627dce4399347de8.JPG

You say it's only during certain times of day. Would there be a bit of machinery who's on and off time corresponds to those periods or is there a radio antenna anywhere near that camera?

Nothing that I can see and it is only a 60ft run. The area the cable is ran to is just used to store materials. I may try removing the camera from the building and see if the brick is causing the issue.

You say it's only during certain times of day. Would there be a bit of machinery who's on and off time corresponds to those periods or is there a radio antenna anywhere near that camera?

x2 My vote, the cable runs too close to a:

1. electric motor

2. compressor (Air or AC use which usually has #1)

3. antenna or broadcast gear

I was just out there and we removed the camera from the housing and the Pic cleared up. We are installing a rubber backing between the housing and the brick wall hoping this corrects the issue. I'll know soon because it's being done right now.