Sign in to follow this  
sparks

Need help understanding cam options

I have posted in another thread but have not recieved any help. I am now looking into finding out what each of the following options actually do so i can try and find the best settings for my setup.

LENS

SHUTTER

WHITE BALANCE

BACKLIGHT

AGC

DNR

SENS-UP

Here is a guide to camera functions. It is a few years old now but it has information on everything except DNR and SENS UP.

www.darkdata.co.uk/camera_lenses.pdf

DNR - Digital Noise Reduction is a feature to reduce AGC noise.

SENS UP also known as Slow Shutter or Digital Slow Shutter or Frame Intergration is a feature for low light. Usually a camera has a maximum exposure (shutter) of 1/50 or 1/60 second. Slow shutter extends this. Leaving your shutter open for 1/2 a second allows you to gather more light per picture however moving objects tend to blur. Everything that moves looks light the starship Enterprise going into warp. It is good for watching perimeter fences but not good for catching a face.

Thanks CameraGimp for your help it is much appreciated. The info you posted covers most of the things i am looking for. Somewhat still a little complicated but i am sure i will work it all out.

Now i just have to try and impliment these features onto my cam to get the best from it.