p3mek

GeoVision remote tv output

1st Thread for me, be gentle.

Happy new year to all

I would like to view a live stream from a GV-650 through a video out on a remote machine.

Is it as simple as putting in a dual monitor videocard and outputting 1Vp/p to an RF modulator?

Has anyone done this successfully?

What do you want to view remotely, certain cameras or the complete screen from the Geo machine.

If you want to view the complete screen on a TV/monitor you can use a wireless unit called PCsender. This has a transmitter that connects between the computer & monitor & a receiver with an AV output for the Tv end.

These work very well & people also use them to monitor their kids on the Internet.

Thanks Baywatch,

Good idea, I never hought of it this way but I guess it would work.

I guess this would also allow you to connect the new GV remote and integrate that into your tv remote to change between the remote cameras.

I found that the web software sometimes takes too long to login and you have to be at the computer. The Multicam remote view only allows a single loation at a time and I don't believe is well designed. The Center only seems to show video on alarm and not as a constant stream.

What GV remote software would I use?

I've worked with the first SDK and not I am playing with the 6.1 version and it seems nice but I dont want to spend too much time changing things because a new version is just around the corner and all my work would go out of the window.