kdmcso8

Kalatel DVMRE Master Time?

It's great to find a good cctv forum!

I currently operate 6 qty kalatel dvmre16ct.

I would like to sync the time from one to the other. Its not fun trying to remember that on one camera view is at one time and going to the other dvr you have to subtract or add time to find the incident again.

I know in the menu there is a master/slave setting under time menu.

I just curious if any one has this set up and what I need to do to accomplish this.

I know there might be a few questions so I'll try to give a few answers now.

All networked and individually ip adressed to use wave reader software.

No 485 communication yet (not quiet sure how to set up)

Thanks in advance

Are your dvr's connected to an internal network like for remote viewing?

If so, the netork may have an internal Ntp, or network time protocol server setup. If so, get the address and the dvmre 16 has a place to put it in. Hope this helps.

If you don't have a network, the only way would be to use one watch and go to each unit and set hours:minutes:seconds manually.

As far as the rs485 connections. Is simple, but there is no manual that explains in detail how to set up. You just need a 2 conductor 22 or 24 awg wire to connect between the units. if not using PTZ's, you'll terminate the first and last unit, to do so you'll need a 100 ohm resister connected to pins 3 and 6 on an rj45 connector. then select a separate rs485 address for each dvr. ie. unit 1 as 001, unit 2 as 002. If using ptz's with controllers, it gets a bit tricky but can be done.

Hope this helps, Circuittech.

Thanks for the info.

I have recently realized that only one of my six have version 5.?? the others are 4.11 and do not have the network time on the menu.

Another question though.

Could I hook up the 485 using the latest version as the master and let it serve the older units.

Thanks.