sf1964

re:looping output

how does this feature work? you have the camera inputs but what are these outputs used for in relation to camera viewing?l basically just plug camera into inputs and then use bnc out to the monitor to view,l have never really understood the loop output and how it can be used.

1. Putting in 2 16 Channel Hunt DVR's in a door man building for the security. Will be taking 2 camera loop out put from each dvr, running them in to a quad, for the secritary to look at since she only needs for cameras.

2. Take loop outs to a web server so you can remotely view video, since 95% of the dvr's stream video badly. Did I mention Speco?

3. Use loop outs to quads>Channel modulator, so the customer can watch 4 cameras per channel insted of maybe 16 tiny weny images on the same screen.

The sky is the limit

they can be outputed to monitors, quads, switchers, or other multiplexers, and more recently, video servers.

For example, i have a 16 camera system, it has a 16 channel DVR, 8 cameras are outdoors, the other 8 are hidden cameras, with audio. There is also a 9 channel multiplexer.

Monitor has A and B inputs.

I made the 8 outdoor cameras normal, and on Monitor A input, so this is always on. The other 8 are also recording but are configured as covert so you dont see them on the DVR monitor output.

Then there is a 9 channel multiplexer. The 8 covert cameras loop to this mux, then the monitor output for this goes to monitor B input. I also have audio into Audio B input. So when the user wants to see the covert cameras, they switch to Monitor B Input, and they also have audio on that input.