junglejim42

Vantage CM320AC

I picked up this camera second hand on ebay and it actually works. Alas no manual, I've googled, yahoo'd to no avail. I did find the Vantage web site but this model must be so old it isnt listed.

has anyone any info about dip switch settings and the other controls please before I start playing

85958_1.jpg

The level l-h and alc p-a are for adjusting a auto-iris lens (l=low, h=high on the level one, and p=peak, a=average on the other) these are standard adjustments on many cams so google for instructions on auto-iris adjustments, peak/average etc to get more info, but chances are they will be at a reasonable level to start with, just make a note of where they are if you want to try adjusting them by eye so you can go back to the original if it gets worse

The v-phase is to sync cameras line lock to other cams or recorders etc, it is usually not something you would need to adjust these days as its pretty much plug and play with dvrs. But it used to be a issue in the past on AC cameras like this.

The AI switch should be to select thetype of lens (Auto Iris or Electronic Exposure (manual iris) at a guess).

The 0-9 selector may be for either shutter speeds, or to select different backlighting modes, adjust it and see what happens....

DIP switches, not sure, again could affect backlight mode or shutter speed, or other features the camera may have. Best bet without a manual is to note their current setting, and then try the different combinations seeing what effect they have on the image.

Hope thats some help.

Here are a list of common functions you might get on a four dipswitch camera and how to spot them.

AGC - Cap the lens, flick the switches and look for one that makes the picture noisy, when off it won't be.

Sync, Linelock/Internal. Power the camera with AC, flick the switch and if the picture rolls for a second chances are it's switching between line lock and crystal lock. Can confirm by powering with DC and then the switch will have no effect. As previous poster said, it's not used nowadays unless switching with an analogue switch.

Gamma. It will change the contrast.

EI on/off. Point the camera at bright light with a manual iris lens. Open the iris so the camera overexposes. If it doesn't EI is on in which case flick switches until it does over expose. If it does white out flick switches until it doesn't!

BLC on/off. Going to be hard to spot but with ei on and the camera viewing a bright scene flick the switches and see if one changes the exposure slightly. That'll probably be BLC.

AI and AI-AMP. One will be DC lens and the other video iris.