Sign in to follow this  
yates fan

Ge DVMRE 10-160 jumbled menu! HELP!

Upon power up, the prompt says "DHCP LEASE failed" It is a version 5.24. The menu, playback menu, and search menu have all been slightly scrambled. It still plays back older video, but multi screen shots have lines where they should not be. I also have the same model in a 4-channel version with a bad monitor A output. I'm technically inclined. Can I swap parts to make at least one work correctly? If not, where is a trustworthy place to repair these? Please help! Thank you.

Upon power up, the prompt says "DHCP LEASE failed" It is a version 5.24.

What this means is that when you programmed Ethernet port (in communication section, which means that you enabled that port, then you also programmed that the system is to check its connection through DHCP every 2 minutes, 4 minutes, etc. and if it does not find it (this could happen because you disconnected the Ethernet cable to this DVR), then it will give you the above error message.

The menu, playback menu, and search menu have all been slightly scrambled.

This above part does not make sense... Is it possible that your monitor is no good? One of the possible fixes is to upgrade your firmware - it is very easy... All you have to do is to contact GE, setup and account and it is available for download. Pick up the correct firmware upgrade and follow instructions - mainly it is a pup up window, where you have to put in internal IP address that this DVR is connected and hit "update". It will find it and upgrade your firmware to the latest available.

It still plays back older video, but multi screen shots have lines where they should not be. I also have the same model in a 4-channel version with a bad monitor A output. I'm technically inclined. Can I swap parts to make at least one work correctly? If not, where is a trustworthy place to repair these? Please help! Thank you. :

Before you change any components, follow the above instructions and upgrade your firmware and then lets see exactly what happens. I have seen older models with your described symptoms and most were solved by upgrading the firmware. The firmware upgrade could be exactly the same regardless if it is 4 channel, 9 channel or 16 channel. Just make sure you match the product code - i.e. DVMRe and then download and install..

Let us know the outcome. You may be able to solve most of these problems with simple firmware upgrade.(

I've run into a problem. I downloaded the zip-file with the firmware upgrade onto my laptop, but I can't see the unit's IP address. It happens to be part of the missing info in the vertical strips of the menu that are mysteriously absent. Without the IP address, I can't load the firmware I guess? I can't find anything about saving it to a CD and loading it into the DVR. Any ideas?

I've run into a problem. I downloaded the zip-file with the firmware upgrade onto my laptop, but I can't see the unit's IP address. It happens to be part of the missing info in the vertical strips of the menu that are mysteriously absent. Without the IP address, I can't load the firmware I guess? I can't find anything about saving it to a CD and loading it into the DVR. Any ideas?

Do you have the installer password? It is 3477. Once you get in, go to communication section, pick ethernet and you will the IP address.

While there, restore the firmware to factory default. The password for setting everything back to factory default is 8111

If you can not get into the system or having issues of seeing the screen or other problem, may be something is wrong with the unit. It is not uncommon that the motherboard fails, which basically contains everything...

Let me know if the above works... and if not, then it is time to concentrate on the changing the motherboard... that is difficult, as GE is the only one has it and I'm not sure if they will sell it...