Hello there.I'am just starting my own business and want to mainly do ip camera's (trying to future proof my system's,17th camera and the like).I'm looking for software that will allow me to use ip camera's,take over existing analog system's,email and text on motion,web server and not be too expensive.Not too much to ask for is it ? I also am looking for some recommendations on ip camera's that basically match the existing quality of your bog standard dsp model's.

Hello there.I'am just starting my own business and want to mainly do ip camera's (trying to future proof my system's,17th camera and the like).I'm looking for software that will allow me to use ip camera's,take over existing analog system's,email and text on motion,web server and not be too expensive.Not too much to ask for is it ? I also am looking for some recommendations on ip camera's that basically match the existing quality of your bog standard dsp model's.

When you say not too expensive...what kind of budget are we discussing?

Well $300 per license,which would have to be up to at least 16 camera's.

Quite often IP camera software is licensed per camera. So is your budget for the software $18.75 per camera or $300 per camera?

Well $300 per license,which would have to be up to at least 16 camera's.

Try NovoSun CyeWeb. It is within your price tag and the quaility is better than most others.

What about software for a PC that is storing the data? I bought a GeoVision FV-800 that came with software but it only records in 5 minute chunks. I review the footage from each night to see if anyone has been creeping around my driveway and having to go through 288 AVI files every day, per camera, with four cameras... is REALLY irritating. I need something that records 30 - 60 minutes for each file.

I have emailed the GeoVision software people but 5 minutes is the max and while they may change it in the future it is not going to be soon enough for me.

Anyone have any thoughts? Not IP - just four cameras plugged into a GV-800 in a Windows Vista computer with 2TB of disk space.

Thanks,

dave

What about software for a PC that is storing the data? I bought a GeoVision FV-800 that came with software but it only records in 5 minute chunks. I review the footage from each night to see if anyone has been creeping around my driveway and having to go through 288 AVI files every day, per camera, with four cameras... is REALLY irritating. I need something that records 30 - 60 minutes for each file.

I have emailed the GeoVision software people but 5 minutes is the max and while they may change it in the future it is not going to be soon enough for me.

Anyone have any thoughts? Not IP - just four cameras plugged into a GV-800 in a Windows Vista computer with 2TB of disk space.

Thanks,

dave

Why not just use the Geo software to go through the video?

Also, 30-60 minutes, those AVI files would be much larger and I imagine that will greatly effect the system during recording, and playback.

Also sounds like some yard beams tied into the DVR might cut back on alot of that recorded video, or even just using the software motion detection would save alot.

You can also use the geo software to search for motion in a defined area, so you could define a area someone would have to pass through, and let it run through the days footage. You only then have to view any footage it found where activity occured in the small defined area...

This is a quad core system with very fast hard drives. My old software (PICO2000) created 15 minute files (1.2GB each) that were easy to search. Unfortunately PICO doesnt work well with 2 cams, let alone 4. It is old software (2005 was the last update). Nowadays a 2 - 3 GB video file is not considered all that big. A ripped DVD is 4 - 8 GB and playable.

I have tried motion detection. Didnt work at night. Not sure if it is the cameras or just what but i have two different camers (Lorax and Q-See) and neither worked at night. Not sure what a "yard beam" is though. SOrry, I am a noobie at video surveilance.

Thanks,

dave

Have you tried using the GeoVision Playback software to view the video?

Also, I would be more concerned about the memory, but either way this isnt DVD.

I dont work for Geo so cant really say, though perhaps having to create that video huge video file in the back ground using software compression etc, might be a stability issue. Remember that raw video is huge, 10 seconds may be 800MB, so it has to compress it at the same time, and do that with multiple video feeds.

Remember they dont know that the user has a Quad core

Edited by Guest

Honestly, no. I will give the Geo software playback a shot. I use one called GOM which allows me to "drag" through the video quickly. A 5 minute video only takes 5 seconds to go through, but then I have to double click to open the next one, drag through it, etc. Time consuming when you have over 1000 videos in a 24 hour period.

I will try Geo and see what it can do and if it is any better.

Thanks for the tip.

dave

I think you will find it better, also it allows quick back up, Basic Video editing, etc, and the video needs to be converted to run on other systems (there are ways around that ofcourse) which only the Geo software can do properly (speed adjustments during conversion as well as merging the video). Also see the links in the Geo forum for Free 3rd party software, look at the EzViewLog links, thats the portable app which is basically the same as the Viewlog (Playback) software on the Geo server.

The Viewlog software lets you speed up or slow down the video, advanced searches, shows all the dates etc and has all the backup features for evidence sharing.