MrRaster

Can't get through a Netopia to a T.O.M. system.

I am trying to get through a freaking Netopia router and it's simply not working.

I can get access to the T.O.M. DVR within the network.

WebDVR comes up and I have no problems until I try to get access from the outside.

I don't know where I am going wrong. It has to be user error.

I have pinholes punched through for the router (it calls its port forwarding "pinholes")

I have TCP and UDP set for 9012-9014 in the Netopia because the port in the networking section of the setup page for the DVR says its 9013.

I have been banging my head against the wall.

I have to be doing something wrong.

Any ideas?

~huggy

The good news is that the system is working locally.

Are you able to ping from the outside?

If you have this then it should work.

Expert Mode

Configure

Advanced

Name Name of DVR

Protocal TCP

Port Start 9012

Port End 9014

Internal IP Address router IP or your static ip address

Internal port .

If you were using port 80 then I would say do this, but you are not using port 80.

Expert mode

Configure

Advanced

Internal Server

Web (http) Server Port 80 Change this to 0

Telnet sever port 23 This is fine

I would drop the UDP.

I USE BELL SOUTH / ATT AS MY SERVICE PROVIDER:

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/bellsouth

CAYMAN / NETOPIA INFO

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/bellsouth/3.12_Cayman_Netopia_Info

NETOPIA SCREEN SHOTS

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/bellsouth/3.12_Cayman_Netopia_Info#14024

NETOPIA 3346 MANUAL

http://www.fastaccess.drivers.bellsouth.net/documents/ITguide_Cayman_3346.pdf

MOTOROLA INFO ON NETOPIA ( www.netopia.com )

http://www.netopia.com/equipment/products/internet_access.html

NETOPIA 3300 SERIES DATA SHEET

http://www.netopia.com/equipment/products/3000/3300_res_ds.pdf

ATT ONLINE TECH SUPPORT

www.support.att.net

ATT ONLINE TECH SUPPORT NETOPIA

http://www.support.att.net/bellsouth/asp/contentview.asp?ys_audience=uv&ys_service=nhsi&1=1&sprt_cid=5ad08ec4-d51b-43ef-9e2d-76704b883878&isbrowse=true&portalProvider=ATT&UserType=DSL

Edited by Guest

wow. that, my friend, is an orgy of information.

thank you so much for the time.

i am going to try to get in there and fix it asap, but Gustav is freaking people out around here. it looks like New Orleans is a little gun shy about storms.

wow. that, my friend, is an orgy of information.

thank you so much for the time.

i am going to try to get in there and fix it asap, but Gustav is freaking people out around here. it looks like New Orleans is a little gun shy about storms.

Is it a HQ or XQ dvr series?

Sounds more like the HQ, if it is then simply shoot me a call at my office from on that lan and I'll get it up and running for you.

When you look in the settings of the dvr it should be set to Static but it's rather tricky from the first shot I promise. I'll make it work I'm like 92% sure I can make it work!

Also www.canyouseeme.org is a great thing if you need to test a port being open.

Call our office and ask for John.

Scorpion, wish me luck that it isn't something in his modem blocking him!

Call our office and ask for John.

Scorpion, wish me luck that it isn't something in his modem blocking him!

Devil is always in the details!

I do not wish you luck.

You are an expert, and a very skilled individual at what you do, and I am impressed with your knowledge.

If you cannot get it to work then it will never work!!

If you ever meet me in person, then I would suggest that you run away!

I plan on doing the "Vulcan Mind Meld" to learn everything in your head!!!!

LOL!

I plan on doing the "Vulcan Mind Meld" to learn everything in your head!!!!

LOL!

6.jpg

I should be able to help him tho seriously!

I mean it's pinholes and networking... I mean even tho I'm from the south I deserve some credit!

LOL!

Us southerners have to stick together!

Wish you well if Ivan heads your way.

If it heads our way then I will sit down, and assume the "crash" position, and while I am there I will kiss my you know what good bye!

LOL!

Us southerners have to stick together!

Wish you well if Ivan heads your way.

If it heads our way then I will sit down, and assume the "crash" position, and while I am there I will kiss my you know what good bye!

We're gonna get Ike... I hate to tell you but it's just Louisiana Luck.

Have fun!

Since when is Florida in the South?

I have had trouble with Netopia and video streaming. It's been a couple of years but if all else fails, try another brand. Just for S & G's.

Just for S & G's.

S & G??? Soup and Goulash??? Phhhhtttttt, giggle, giggle!

Someday there will be a severe earthquake along the San Andreas fault causing the United States to slide into the Pacific leaving only Florida to survive!!!

Or was that the United States sliding into the Atlantic leaving only California???

Just for S & G's.

S & G??? Soup and Goulash??? Phhhhtttttt, giggle, giggle!

Someday there will be a severe earthquake along the San Andreas fault causing the United States to slide into the Pacific leaving only Florida to survive!!!

Or was that the United States sliding into the Atlantic leaving only California???

Well I hope our boot stays a-float. As I can't swim ... doggy paddle... hell I can't even frog it, I'm a goner.

But really, his problem is with those routers, I bet if he had a linksys he wouldn't have ever posted about this problem.

Well looks like you two are southerners, cause you don't predict very well, Texas got Ike, and Scorp I think you have been practicing the crash position to much. Your wife says your nose is turning brown and it is not sun tan!!!!

Well looks like you two are southerners, cause you don't predict very well, Texas got Ike, and Scorp I think you have been practicing the crash position to much. Your wife says your nose is turning brown and it is not sun tan!!!!

Well.. I hoped it would hit Louisiana again, I didn't want to see it hit Texas in fear of it hitting the oil fields and making gas prices skyrocket. So I'm soooooooooo sorry RickA for trying to make sure you don't have to spend to much to fill up your "ole-pickup-truk" to head out spotlighting.... I mean fishing.

I seen your company pull out in the recent security magazine tho, very nice!

PS: I don't think the customer in this thread ever contacted me at all so I could help him.

Holla,

Heck, I don't use gas in mah truk, ah use pappie's home made fer the truk, got more power. and the corn is cheep! Thanks, Amanda will be happy to hear that her marketing skills are appreciated. Maybe he got scairt off cause of all the good ol boys tryin ta answer him!

The sound of popping transformers does more to harm your sanity then the sound of the wind. And that is all I have to say about that.

Hey Thomas, how goes the storm recovery? I take it you weathered the storm alright.

The section of town I'm in lucked out. Mostly fallen trees in the area. Around us? Not so good. But I have power back now.

Good, I did not have power in my apartment Sunday night and monday, but we were alright at the office, the winds from Ike did a job in Louisville.