Has anyone else seen a demo of the OnSSI Ocularis open architecture system? We just had a demo at our facility and were blown away!

What did you most like? The touch screen use interface? The time slicing? Something else?

All that plus the ability to handle almost any codec and more!

Were you able to determine how it worked with NVR systems? Is Ocularis an NVR or is Ocularis software that you use to manage NVRs? or both?

I talked with OnSSI fairly extensively and I could not understand their answers to this.

Edited by Guest

It appears to be a software that runs on NVR's. From what they say it is hardware agnostic.

We will be inviting them back for additional demonstration(s) in the future and I'll ask them a lot more questions. To be honest, we were so blown away by its GUI that we didn't ask the "hard" questions.

I have completed a beta test of Ocularis and released a review with my findings.

OnSSI Ocularis Review

Let me know if you have feedback or questions. I thought this review might be useful to readers of this thread.

While neither OnSSI nor Milestone would comment on this matter, it is widely believed that these products are the same or very similar.

You owe me a new keyboard.

We saw a demo at ISC east and it is by far the best looking NVR software I have seen. From my understanding Ocularis is the client software you still use DVMS for the recording.

I have demoed alot of NVR software (at least 10 to 15 NVR manufactures). OnSSi has never crashed (client or web) and it is very easy to use. I can wait to demo Ocularis on my server.

The question was asked what is Ocularis. I am the Strategic Accounts Manager for OnSSI and would like to give a brief explanation.

Ocularis is a Platform for IP Video. This platform will potenitally manage multiple NVR platforms that include the NETDVMS recording engine.

The Ocularis server allows for open integration to multiple subsystems such as other NVR platforms, analytics modules, GIS mapping modules, bookmarking, and potentially legacy recording equipment.

If you have any additional questions, I'm happy to field those as well.

Thanks!

Jason M. Glover

Strategic Accounts Manager

OnSSI

Any chance you're going to add network storage capability to the SMB line? It should be trivial to add, and with the proliferation of multi-terabyte network storage appliances on the market, that feature downgrade represents a substantial limitation for small business buyers.

That and the one-remote-client limitation put Milestone/ONSSI out of the running for me.

Jason,

It's Rob Conlin from Intelligent Designs Group, LLC. We were cut off yesterday discussing the mobile client. I will try to follow up with you today again if you have some free time.

Like most others here I was seriously impressed with the platform at ISC West last week. We are definitely interested in integrating with the platform well beyond the core viewing/control functionality for our mobile clients.

After sitting through the demo at the show IMO you guys had one of the most innovating products there this year.

Talk soon.