latenightrob

nv5000 stops recording ?

I put together a pc based system with a fresh install of windows XP home. my problem is two nights in a row at different times 1am and 3am, my system just stops, no more recording and no more internet submissions/? In my event viewer for dvr shows nothing and the event viewer for the pc also shows not much, only the pc viewer for the 3am downtime showed some win32 error about clock syncrynising but at 3:32am.

I set up ultra vnc to control the pc (no monitor/keyboard) and when the system stops so does the vnc I assume this problem is related since I can't view the cameras over the internet either during these down times....right now I can only fix it by rebooting, then everything is fine but I know it is going to stop again. any ideas

thanks

rob

The dvr does have an autoreboot, but it is not turned on at the moment, I figure I could set it up daily if I had to since that actually resets everything and it fixes the problem.

I still have to go into the system and see if something else is happening like windows trying to update or some other software I am not aware of.

Just wanted to update my problem with the DVR shutting down (crashing the pc)

I found that I am still getting the w32time error, but my solution was to hard wire in my pc and stop using the wireless card. That seemed to stop the system from stopping. i guess my wireless was just too weak of a signal to keep it going?

Rob