sinbad

Dealing with glare

I have an install with a single camera over a swimming pool in a gym.

the camera is about 30ft over the pool.

the pool is very lite and they are using strong halogen projectors over it.

currently they have a samsung color camera and as you can expect the picture is very bad because of the glare from the water. setting the BLC to on helps a bit and with some software modification on GV side I can get an okay picture.

my question is if I'll be using a BW camera, do you think I'll get better picture in this case?

TIA.

interesting. thx for the reply. can you name me a brand name BLC camera?

Apparently, you already have one. Many cameras have either WDR or BLC or both. They might not all work equally well, though.

The polarizing filter idea may work. You could try one. Camera stores sell them, although getting one that would fit on the lens of your camera might be difficult.

so the tiny BLC button does help a bit, but still lots of room for improvement. I was hoping you have something in mind with better BLC functions than the one I already have.

I just googled for polarized lens and its seems very fitting at first glance. thanks for the heads up regarding the size fitting.

still happy to hear more ideas if anyone has 'em

Don't laugh but....I actually used the cheap plastic film from a pair of 3D theater glasses. The gray glasses they hand out are polarized but set at different angles.

Here's the funny part. I just cut one up to fit and super glued it over the lens. Just be sure to test which rotation of the polarized filter it should be BEFORE it's glued. Not too professional but in a pinch....

my dealer recommend me these, will let you know the results post the install.

Reading the products spec sheets I think the KTC-XP3 is my best candidate.

Pelco IS90CVW9 Domes

GE DIXP2VF3 Vandal Dome WDR

GE KTC-XP3 WDR