badeffect10

GV 650, Camera Problem Please help!!!

Good evening all. I've been reading through the last couple months of posts about problems with the 600,650, and 800 cards in regards to video quality. I'm pretty sure I have one of the problems described but wanted to get some clarification. I'm using Speco CVC-130r BW cameras in a shuttle XPC.

Pentium Dual-Core E2180

1 gig ram

Intel 945 GC motherboard

PNY Nvidia Quadro 256meg

Speco BW CVC-130r- from what I understand these have the Sony Super HAD sensors

GV 650 ver 4 release 8.2

So when everything is up and running, I have what look like scan lines about 3cm apart rolling from the bottom left to top right of the screen very fast. The pictures also appear blurry on an LCD monitor via DVI. I realize I take a quality hit going from the analog domain to the digital one so I expect a small hit but this one is quite extreme. I checked all the cameras on an analog TV and they look fine there.

So my questions. Does this sound like chipset/camera problem that has been occurring with certain cameras and the 650's. I just bought the card a few months ago so can I send it back for a different mfg? Is geovision going to address this problem? Replace the cards if they can't fix it via firmware.

Thanks for all the help

ETA: Forgot to add, got the motion sensing application setup but due to the scan lines not matter what level of sensitivity I set it to I get constant email alerts when there is no action occurring.

Edited by Guest

What you are possibly witnessing is Frame Interlace...when two fields becme one frame, try switching your video source to one that supoorts software interlacing.

for Example 640x480SW.

Make sure your video card is a decent one

Thank you for the above advice but that did not correct my problem. The interlace problem reportedly only appears in fullscreen mode, I'm seeing the problems both full screen and multiscreen. My black and white cameras are showing up with RGB pixelation on my monitor. I see that a geovision rep appears on the forum from time to time, any solid answers as to what they are going to do about the problem? I just dropped $300 on a card that looks like crap when I hook my cameras up to it.

Yes, I tried a couple of different cameras, both black and white and color as well as a pattern generator I have. I'm using Belden 1694 cable which is a broadcast quality 75ohm cable.

I have had a lot of chipset/camera problems,which you referred to, but this does sound like its related. different cameras always gave different problems and in varying degrees, your problem seems to be consistent,I presume you have connected different cams.(different manufactures) and connected them directly to the DVR( to eliminate outside interferance )and you get exactly the same result.

Does the problem show up on playback.

Sorry I cant help you any more .... anyone ?

Im sorry this should have read [but this does NOT sound like its related],.... it does not sound like a chipset/camera problem,

Well, it's somewhat comforting to hear that it may not be a camera and chip issue. I appreciate the advice.

Yes, I have tried different cameras from different mfgs. It now appears that 2 of the screens have cleared up yet one still has the rolling I described in both multi and fullscreen mode. What's even more odd, it seems to jump from one screen to another now. I left to go out of town on Sunday with the problem on screen/cam 3 and came back it was on screen/cam 2. I haven't done much recording yet since we mainly use it for visual monitoring only. I'm wondering now if it could be a video card issue?

I would say it is several issues, if your getting colour pixelation that could be a video card, although you would tend to see bits of pink thrown in...this also hapens when set to NTSC instead of PAL or visa versa...but it would be so severe that you would notice it and see a greenish background at times.

The pixel break up could be your video card...is it a vid card with hardware overlay support?

Rolling in a picture or a bar rolling down the screen is usually a ground loop, are all the cameras powered from the same power point and same supply...and are any mounted directly to a metal frame....you may have a difference of ground potential.