danny2324

EnNET Software Client for Windows Vista

I have a 9 channel network DVR.

This worked fine on my Windows XP laptop (AMD x2 1.8GHz).

I have now updated to a new Windows Vista laptop (AMD Turion 62 X2 TL-60, GeForce 7150M / nForce 650M) and when I load the software it is just green squares in place of the images. If, on the rare occasion that the images load, they freeze after 1 second.

There is a thread suggests that it does not work with GeForce graphics?

Is there anything I can do? I have tried running it in compatability mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 2).

Any help appreciated. Many thanks.

Hi,

Unforutnately changing the Vista security settings does not work 100% of the time.

We also had the same problem, but we now have a specific EnNet Client Vista version for the CST series DVR...

Download can be found here.

eirsec.ie/information/Downloads/

There are the latest CST series DVR bios updates on the download page also (directly from the CST developers)

I can't begin to tell you how relieved we were when the Vista version of EnNet client was released.

I know this is a late reply but hope this helps you as the CST series has been a very stable system for us, just a shame that the developers support is not very efficient.

Best regards,

Khye - Eirsec CCTV (Ireland)

Excellent! Thank you very much! That is my DVR!

Before I install all this, have you heard anything about it not working with specific graphics cards? I'm on the HP dv9710ea laptop. Forgot which card is in it, but its nvidia.

Many thanks

Danny

Excellent! Thank you very much! That is my DVR!

Before I install all this, have you heard anything about it not working with specific graphics cards? I'm on the HP dv9710ea laptop. Forgot which card is in it, but its nvidia.

Many thanks

Danny

Hi, we have had it running across a range of graphics cards without any issues:

Make:

• ATI
    Nvidia

Types:

• PCI-Express
    AGP
    Integrated..

No problems so far....

The unit is designed in Korea and Japan, as is the software, but the hardware is assembled in China (Shenzhen).

We have had this particular series DVR running on various customer sites now for over a year and had only one unit give us trouble...but even that one I think was due to a customer wiring it up incorrectly causing a short.

We are still testing the "faulted" unit, so the Jury is still out on the cause of the one failure, but again the unit does the job it is required for and has ample space for 3 IDE hard drives, or even 4 if you decide to take out the CD drive.

The only fault we could put on the unit is the excessive fan noise, but that is easily fixed by swapping out the cheap fans for more efficient and quieter fans like the Akasa range of PC cooling fans.

Thanks for clarifying that. I read a thread on the forum saying it didnt work with nvidia. I will install the software when I get home from work.

Yeah I've had mine 18 months and absolutely no problems other than the Vista upgrade... the fan noise is a bit excessive, that's the PSU though not the side fans. I've just left it as I wasnt sure whether other PSUs would fit in the case nicely.

Many thanks

Danny

Thanks for clarifying that. I read a thread on the forum saying it didnt work with nvidia. I will install the software when I get home from work.

Yeah I've had mine 18 months and absolutely no problems other than the Vista upgrade... the fan noise is a bit excessive, that's the PSU though not the side fans. I've just left it as I wasnt sure whether other PSUs would fit in the case nicely.

Many thanks

Danny

Yep, its the PSU fan that makes all the noise....we are looking for a PSU replacement with a slightly larger fan diameter than the standard one.

The one fitted as standard is so small, it cannot be made any quieter unfortunately.

We have found some PSU replacements which would be quieter, but their cost is so excessive it almost doubles the total cost of the unit, so obviously we will need to get somthing more cost effective.

I will put up a post as soon as we have one sourced, I believe it would be useful for a lot of DVR units, not just the CST series.

The PSU is based on a media center PC power supply so they work as a straight swap out, again cost is the limiting factor there..

Downloaded, installed, working perfect! Thanks a lot. I'd just gone to the effort of running coax downstairs aswell to the TV (shocking I know, but soldered a phono connector to RG59 cable - after the effort needed to run under laminate flooring I couldn't be arsed to go Maplins for a BNC>RCA converter!). Got sick of moving a computer monitor to the DVR every weekend, when the windows are smashed.

I have this one camera, I should really get round to replacing it. The video cuts out for a millisecond at a time, and has lines in the picture. I have unplugged it now as every time the video cuts out there is a BEEEEEEEEEEP until I press a button. Is there any way of disabling this siren? I realise it is just some sort of security tamper feature?.. I've tested it with a multi meter and its not shorting out anywhere. All the cables seem time.

Thanks, Danny

Hi,

Glad to hear its working for you...

The siren is the video loss alarm, this can be disabled under the alarm/buzzer menu option.

Just go in there to the buzzer status and select "disable" or "off".

What can cause this alarm to go off even when the video does not appear to be lost is the Video format.

We find that when the video format setting is set to NTSC, the alarm will sound from time to time and can sometimes show a video loss alert.

To get around this, just change the format to PAL.

We had many customers complain about this, we found that they were restoring the default settings on the DVR which unknown to them actually sets the video format back to NTSC.

If you make sure its set to PAL the alert should stop, again setting the buzzer status to off also stops the loud alarm...

hope this helps,

Best regards,

Khye - Eirsec CCTV (Ireland)

Downloaded, installed, working perfect! Thanks a lot. I'd just gone to the effort of running coax downstairs aswell to the TV (shocking I know, but soldered a phono connector to RG59 cable - after the effort needed to run under laminate flooring I couldn't be arsed to go Maplins for a BNC>RCA converter!). Got sick of moving a computer monitor to the DVR every weekend, when the windows are smashed.

I have this one camera, I should really get round to replacing it. The video cuts out for a millisecond at a time, and has lines in the picture. I have unplugged it now as every time the video cuts out there is a BEEEEEEEEEEP until I press a button. Is there any way of disabling this siren? I realise it is just some sort of security tamper feature?.. I've tested it with a multi meter and its not shorting out anywhere. All the cables seem time.

Thanks, Danny