dee-u

Forwarding ports 5000 and 5001 for PROLiNK H9200 for DVR

Following the advice from portforwarddotcom I cannot establish a connection to the DVR using the ports 5000 and 5001, but using port 80 I am able to establish a connection but I believe I need to use ports 5000/5001 in order to view the videos from the DVR. Using port 80 I am able to connect but the button to start the capture is not enabled so there seem to be an error in the configuration

The DVR is SWANN's DVR16-Net-Plus...

My router is PROLiNK Hurricane 9200AR Modem/Router...

Latest.JPG.0b8d83f67b38f44059fb5f42e9318817.JPG

It is a special software that is desktop-based. Using wwwDOTcanyouseemeDOTorg I can find my ports 5000 and 5001 as both open but I am using the client software from the same LAN but using my public IP I cannot connect to the DVR...

Ok, if I am understanding you correctly you are on the same lan as the DVR and are not going through the Internet?

If so you dont need any port forwarding just enter the ip of the DVR in the application. I dont know your IP knowledge but if you have IP: 192.168.1.111 and subnet 255.255.255.0 on your DVR then your pc must have 192.168.1.XXX as IP (not .0,.111 or .255) (And subnet 255.255.255.0)

Let me know if that helped.

It sounds more like you are testing your public IP address.

If you are testing your IP address then you cannot do it locally. You will have to go to another computer located somewhere else.

Techs carry laptops with cell enabled web access.

I am not familiar with your DVR brand, but I have seen some cases where you use your DNS address and it works fine, and then there are cases where you use the DNS address, but you have to put your port number at the end of the DNS address such as mydvr@dnsaccount:5000

I am not sure which situation you are having but between our two posts that should cover all of the bases!

Let us know how it works out!

will it work if you set the same LAN ip for each different DVR? eventhough you have a correct DDNS/Static IP setting and correct port forwarding?

For two DVRs located in the same place, then you will have two local lan address such as

192.168.1.50 and

You can use one DNS account address and you would use different port numbers to tell between the two DVRs.

#1 DVR has port 4040

#2 DVR has port 8080

yourname@dnsaccount.com:4040 for DVR number 1

yourname@dnsaccount.com:8080 for DVR number 2

If you are using a video viewer software then put the dnsaccount in to the ip address, and put your port number in, and then put in your user and password to connect to the DVR of choice.

according to dee-u's router configuration, all of his DVR are assigned in one same LAN IP but different ports. but no one correct/notice his configuration regarding on the same LAN IP in different ports. so i was confused if this is possible since i haven't tried that. but im sure for a pc a notification will appear if you have conflicting ip's

The answer is:

If it does work then that would be interesting. I would think that the router would give this system some grief.

Simple netgear routers demand a certain sequence before everything sync's together.