stoogman

Need help setting up a Eneo DVR forremote viewing over DSL

hi, I recently installed some CCTV systems for a chain of shops that have a contract with my company, they consisted of between 4 and nine cameras on each system connected to Eneo DVR's - the manager of the shops can view the sites using the iRAS software on his PC or laptop, this was setup by an IT guy that my company contracted to do the necessary, this involved installing a netgear router at each site and a bit of jiggery pokery with the IP addresses.

Now here's the question - on a few of the installs I watched the IT guy and he had it all up and running in about 5 minutes and that included the install of the router!!

I would like to carry this out for myself and cut out the £180.00 per hour IT guy from the equation, I know that the site required a DSL connection with a static IP address (or does it?) but other than that I'm a bit lost as to what to do next re: port forwarding etc.

Sorry its a bit long winded but I'd be obliged if anyone could help.

Thanks in advance.

hi, I recently installed some CCTV systems for a chain of shops that have a contract with my company, they consisted of between 4 and nine cameras on each system connected to Eneo DVR's - the manager of the shops can view the sites using the iRAS software on his PC or laptop, this was setup by an IT guy that my company contracted to do the necessary, this involved installing a netgear router at each site and a bit of jiggery pokery with the IP addresses.

Now here's the question - on a few of the installs I watched the IT guy and he had it all up and running in about 5 minutes and that included the install of the router!!

I would like to carry this out for myself and cut out the £180.00 per hour IT guy from the equation, I know that the site required a DSL connection with a static IP address (or does it?) but other than that I'm a bit lost as to what to do next re: port forwarding etc.

Sorry its a bit long winded but I'd be obliged if anyone could help.

Thanks in advance.

Woow I like the amount

Hmmm but CCTV forum for free

I start to think why are we doing this ?