stoogman

Viewing remote CCTV on a web browser - possible??

Now that i have recently got my Eneo DVR up and running with the supplied RAS software and the customer is over the moon (but they're never bloody happy are they?) he has now asked if he can get a basic view on any PC that does not have the RAS software installed, i.e. if he was on holiday, after reading a few posts on here I thought that if you maybe entered the the DVR IP address followed by the port number into a web browser it might work - ala - DVRIP:PORTNUMBER but it didnt!!

Any suggestions?

Cheers

I had a setup for remote viewing with that unit.You must use their client software. As for keeping the customer happy, it's easy. We never have complaints. Good service and installations is the answer. I've been doing this thing for 60 years.

Did a bit of digging about (well actually spoke off the record to one of their tech guys) seems you can use a website called http://dvronline.net its not supported by anyone but it works good, you just need to input the dvr details and it does the rest!

As for happy customers, oh yeah they are happy with the systems that you put in and they paid for, then they read something on the internet/speak to a friend/speak to a guy in radio shack - whose system does this and that and the next thing and before you know it they want the Ford Fiesta with the Ferrari add ons!!

Been in this industry myself for twenty odd years and never actually had an unhappy customer however i've also never met one who didn't want more!

There is software that can be used today that can view remote CCTV on a web browser. I guess that CCTV should be connected to a PC that has internet connection. Viewing the CCTV is the same as the live streaming used in chatting.

Hey Stoogman,

when you have time please can you send me the default port #'s for the Eneo, here is a thread I posted a while back regarding an odd Eneo DVR but nobody replied.

Also, I take it the website worked with the Eneo??

Many thanks in advance.

Did a bit of digging about (well actually spoke off the record to one of their tech guys) seems you can use a website called http://dvronline.net its not supported by anyone but it works good, you just need to input the dvr details and it does the rest!

As for happy customers, oh yeah they are happy with the systems that you put in and they paid for, then they read something on the internet/speak to a friend/speak to a guy in radio shack - whose system does this and that and the next thing and before you know it they want the Ford Fiesta with the Ferrari add ons!!

Been in this industry myself for twenty odd years and never actually had an unhappy customer however i've also never met one who didn't want more!

never ever use companys like dvr on line. 3rd party taking control of your customers security. if you can connect though a service like that then you can get the dvr on line as normal.

i see your in america. is your customer going to be happy with a company in korea monitoring his system.

Domain Name: DVRONLINE.NET

Domain Status: ACTIVE

Registrar: Inames Co., Ltd. dba inames.co.kr

Referral URL: inames.co.kr

Domain Registration Date....: 2006-07-06 GMT.

Domain Expiration Date......: 2012-07-06 GMT.

Domain Last Updated Date....: 2010-08-24 05:35:32 GMT.

Registrant:

IDIS Co.,Ltd

Jang-dong, Yuseong-gu, Daejeon, Republic of Korea, 59-9

Daejeon, 305343

KR

Hey Stoogman,

when you have time please can you send me the default port #'s for the Eneo, here is a thread I posted a while back regarding an odd Eneo DVR but nobody replied.

Also, I take it the website worked with the Eneo??

Many thanks in advance.

You know this thread is 2.5 years old, right? I don't think Stoogman is around anymore; he hasn't posted since Nov. 2008.