brevardcam

Color and InfraRed

I have bought several of the newer color (day/night) cameras now which include several name brands.

There seems to be a strange anomaly with the color green. Particuliarly viewing trees, they seem to be "smeared"

I have experienced this on all machines and the only common denominator is that all machined use geovision cards. But this does not occur with other type cameras. I know its not just me, because i get complaints from customers about it.

anyone else seen this?

BSS,LLC

www.brevardsecurity.com

Green leaves reflect an enormous amount of IR so with a color camera that has no IR cut filter this is going to be a problem. You might have to try something like a Sanyo Day/Night that actually has a motor that moves the IR cut filter out of the way at night in order to get the lower light.

Like AV said, it needs to have an IR cut Filter to get a good day time image, most cheap brands do not have that. A mechanical IR filter is supposed to be the better choice.

See this link for the need for an IR Cut Filter:

http://www.cs.unc.edu/Research/stc/FAQs/Cameras_Lenses/IR%20Filter.htm

Now for some Day Night Cameras with IR Cut Filters:

Sanyo

GE Kalatel

Panasonic

Bosch Phillips

Speco Provideo (CVC-7706DNV only)

Prices all range in the $350-400 range camera only.

Dome versions of these (where it applies) range in the $500 price, but not as good as a Box Type Traditional Camera with a Full Lens.

Thanks for the info and feedback....Sorry about the late response, to responses. thought I had some underlying problem within the DVRs ....

Not sure if I mentioned but they are all bullets....I rarely sell bullets since I rarely do residential and can normally convice commercial owner to go BIG for sake of deterant. Guess I slacked off on the research.

Thanks again

BCam

no prob, only bullet I have seen that has a mechanicl IR cut Filter (there may be others)

Provideo CVC-7706DNV. Price range is around the same but no housing or additional lens is required.

Rory

hey Rory, you forgot to mention the cameras taht I just got, the Provideo CVC-637ex

remember how the Speco guy told you there IS in fact an IR Cut filter, it's not mechanical so it is ALWAYS there, but the camera should show accurate color images..

yep ... but this guy was more interested in a day night camera, color/BW with IR, etc.

PS. when you get the 637's online please email a pic ...thanks

Rory