captnet

Nuvico Ev-8000

Having a problem where the screen appears cut off each side of the screen. Using a Sony Wega TV to display via composite connection.

I have made adjustments to the TV via it's geometry settings (which are many!).

It seems the DVR is displaying outside the 'safe' zone of overscan.

Some camera's appear larger then others (thought they should be the same). For example the middle camera's appear larger then the outside camera's.

Anyone else using the new Nuvico EV series DVR's seeing this problem?

Did you set the display device to CCTV MONITOR under SETUP ->DISPLAY?

Yes I have CCTV Monitor selected under setup ->display.

Do you encounter the same problem using other TV or video monitor?

Or have you tried connecting to the TV by VGA?

Do you encounter the same problem using other TV or video monitor?

Or have you tried connecting to the TV by VGA?

Hooked another color CRT to the DVR and same problem.

Hooked up a VGA monitor and changed the display settings on the DVR to VGA. With the VGA monitor I can see the outside border lines now but for example on a 4 cam display the two left cams are noticeably smaller then the two cams on the right. Not by a drastic amount but noticeably smaller horizontally.

This must be a problem with the DVR? Have you ever experienced this happening?

I have sold about a hundred pcs and never encountered a similar issue.

I will contact Nuvico tomorrow and request an advanced replacement within the first 30 days. I spoke with Nuvico the other day and as you pointed out they asked me to try with some other displays.

I like the DVR otherwise I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for your help.

One other question, have you had any problem seeing the outside boarder lines on TV or CRT displays?

We have tested with various displays in our lab, and when using the right setting for display type, never encountered any problems.

We have tested with various displays in our lab, and when using the right setting for display type, never encountered any problems.

On a different subject, have you used VGA to composite converters with this DVR? Is there any benefit?

P.S. I did not use any converters in the testing showing the problems just wondering if any benefit.

Edit: I suppose it would not be wise to use a VGA to composite converter since the DVR has specific settings for composite and VGA. Thanks again for your help.

There's no reason using them in your case. VGA output is good on this particular system. And it's my pleasure to be of any help

I am possitive that everything will work as it should once you get your replacement.

There's no reason using them in your case. VGA output is good on this particular system. And it's my pleasure to be of any help

I am possitive that everything will work as it should once you get your replacement.

I am waiting to receive the replacement DVR. Just to clarify I am using the DVR composite output with a Sony Wega TV for day to day use. Have you or anyone else had any problems with the CCTV display borders being cut off when using this configuration? I have checked all the TV settings and I don't have any problem with menus from other devices or my old DVR displaying correctly on the TV.

Replacement DVR had same issues. Nuvico technical said the issue has to do with the DVR CRT output resolution. They are looking into the issue further.

So far Nuvico support has been good. Nuvico does release firmware updates periodically.

For those using this DVR... Nuvico has a time sync server program that can be installed on a local PC which the EV-8000 and DV3 units can be set to synchronize.

Have not had the same problems with any that we have tried, connected to 32" LCD and to several smaller 22", 19", 17" using both the composite and the VGA outputs and have had no problems with these units.

Have not had the same problems with any that we have tried, connected to 32" LCD and to several smaller 22", 19", 17" using both the composite and the VGA outputs and have had no problems with these units.

Must be a problem outputting to some CRT displays then. I didn't have the cropping problem with my old DVR outputting to CRT using composite video connection

As far as the VGA I only tried one CRT VGA monitor as a test which doesn't show any cropping just the cams were slightly a different size on the left versus the right on a 4 cam display.

Thanks