Secureman

Recommended DVR under $1500

I'm new to the forum, but not to the business. I usually use GE for most DVR applications.

I have recently started selling more restaurants, gas stations, and small business.

My question is, what stand alone DVR does everyone recommend in this price range with good remote view capabilities.

I have tried Honeywell and Speco and they are awful using remote view and playback.

I'm also looking for something I can buy locally if at all possible. It makes for easier service and returns.

Any input would be appreciated.

It depends on how many channels you are looking to get. IC Realtime has some good stuff, Ameba CCTV has some too. You need to get a demo set up to see which remote software you like best.....Too many choices. Make sure you can get a demo of the remote software before you buy. Most reputable companies will get you logged in to see and use the interface before you jump in and buy.

I'm looking for a 8 or 9 channel.

I have done a demo with IC realtime. It's been a couple of years. There stuff looked good. I was just worried about them being a new company back then.

I guess the response is positive on this board for their dvr's now.

I'm sure I could find it, but I can't remeber if you can view all cameras live on their remote view software.

Are there any DVR's distributed by ADI or SDI that any of you have liked in this price range?

Hello,

You may want to check out the G4 Series DVR. We have a Live Demo using the LTA 4 Channel so potential buyers can try first. We install this line of DVR in our local market and have had great success with it. There are a lot of great DVR's out there but once we found this one, there was no reason to look any further.

If you want to log in, send a PM or visit our site and I will provide a username and password.

Thanks

Mike