clueless

Need an Expert - Printing from GE StoreSafe

Hi All,

I'm looking for the experts with the GE StoreSafe products that can tell me about printing from them. I'll try to keep the back story short although it is an interesting one. I have a friend that is in the middle of a court case and the CCTV system operator can't produce the full video of an event but produced still photos. She claimed that she printed them directly from the StoreSafe DVR using the print button.

My questions:

1. If she printed them using this GE device should there be any text in the image like freeze or pause that would show that they were printed directly from the DVR as opposed to printing them from WaveReader?

2. Same for WaveReader, should it put anything in the image that shows it was printed via that software.

3. Same for QuickWave, should it put anything in the image?

4. What format is the video recorded in? Could someone just copy video from the DVR and then view it on a PC without WaveReader or QuickWave?

The images don't contain any such text and we are just wondering if they should given the fact that she claims they were printed directly from the DVR. They do contain a blue border and a date and time in the upper right corner with a camera number in the lower left and I'm wondering if this is standard ouput if you print directly from the DVR or if it should contain more.

This is an internal affairs case and what we are thinking is that the video exists but they won't admit it or share it because it would clear the officers in the case. We are trying to figure out, given the images that we have, if the full video was ever burned to disc. We suspect that it was and then the images were printed from it since the tech who did the system install testified that he didn't install a printer.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I have a sample image if it would help.