security101

Medium high quality mobile DVR's needed - ideas?

Hey folks,

I just inspected a couple hundred vehicles that were fitted last year with "non mobile" video equipment, by a dealer who's now out of biz, that's failing rapidly (major loss for the customer, major!).

We will need to replace the current products with "real" mobile equipment and I could use some advise from the other pros (I saw a few threads related, just hoping for some new info I guess)

We need a minimum 2 ch (4's fine) DVR that's rated for mobile use (diesel vibration, potholes, temp extremes (below freezing to Midwest hot summers). They must be extremely durable with an excellent track record in a mobile environment (like police, fire, buses, taxis, street trucks etc). It should be able to get 15-30fps, 3 mos recording about 6 hrs per day, network card, 1 ch audio, have a good software for offloading video, they wish (prefer) to bring dedicated xp/pro laptop to vehicle-hook to network cable-login-offload video as needed (no wireless or GPS required - but if optional OK)

We have to stay in a tight budget obviously (as it was already spent last year )

I have checked in to DM's, MW's, Everfocus, Advantech etc, just not sure which one is best yet for the most reasonable $$. (DM's would prob be the high-end and not affordable)

Any thoughts would be great but please recommend only units you have experience with in the field, with multiple units - at this point I (they) cant just guess at it

Thanks

Jim