colincctv

Help With DVR System

Hi all,

I've been reading up a lot on DVRs and I don't know if I've achieved anything other than confuse myself!:D

Currently we have a 16 channel geo GV800 system (v 3.01) which I think has 120fps recording capability. Problem with it is that it crashes every day or every other day. Variety of ways it crashes include either blue screen or straight freeze. It runs on XP SP3, and all drivers and bios have been upgraded. The Motherboard is a MSI.

Anyway, I've had enough of it, as I've managed to go through 2 motherboards and changed the pc once already to try to get some stability.

I've looked at the Avermedia 5416Pro which seems to fit the bill well (specs say 200fps at D1, which is supposedly better than CFI4), although I cant seem to find much feedback on it here or any where else. Also I note someone mentioned you can't adjust settings for each camera individually with avermedia, which is a bit of an offput as nearly half the cameras currently sacrifice so that the others can have a better quality/fps.

I also note Sanyo are supposedly good, as are Ganz and Kalatel but I'm not able to find a UK supplier for these so can anyone recommend anything else?

Most important for me is to eliminate this instability problem; will a standalone DVR be what I need or are they instable aswell? And if so, as bad as the geo vision (I've had two geo visions and both were instable)?

Thanks all

Cant say I have had any major instability problems with my gv1480 card, runs rock solid 24/7.

Is the pc up to the specs required for a geo system (ie right chipset etc).

Is the geovision card authentic, or a clone (may be worth checking with geovision if in doubt) as the clone cards are extremely realistic, they just dont work the same as a real one!

Cant say I have had any major instability problems with my gv1480 card, runs rock solid 24/7.

Is the pc up to the specs required for a geo system (ie right chipset etc).

Is the geovision card authentic, or a clone (may be worth checking with geovision if in doubt) as the clone cards are extremely realistic, they just dont work the same as a real one!

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. The Geo card(s) are genuine, I bought them both from y3k cctv and checked with Geo who seemed to agree they were genuine.

The pc spec wise is p4, 512mb ram, 128mb graphics and 500+750gb hdd, intel 865 chipset on msi m/b. Although the m/b seems to be toast now lol.

I was going to perserve with it, but for the sake of £1000 odd I don't think I can take it anymore lol. This thing has taken way too much of my time (and killed enough pcs).

Thanks again.