sparks

12v battery needed

I am in the UK and are looking for a 12v battery pack with charger to hook up to my cam or monitor for testing. Looking for the best option and best price. The only ones i can find are £40 with delivery which seems expensive just for a battery. Is there better out there?

Thanks.

I don't know if this will help, but this is what I did. Not too many years ago, before we had 32, 24, 18 and 14 volt cordless drills, I had several 12 volt Makita drills, batteries and chargers. Since I always had batteries charged up for the drills, I took a charger that had stop working and gutted it out. Now it provided 12 volts when I inserted a charged battery pack. Here in the US you can pick up 12 volt cordless drills pretty cheap. You could then look for a used charger on ebay to convert as I did. It would give you a good sized 12 volt battery source and you could use the drill for lighter duty work.

If you already have a good collection of higher voltage drills, you could again get a used / dead charger and convert it. Use a diode to drop the voltage to the 12 volts you need.

Thanks for the tip Craig i will certainly take a look and see if i have an old 12v drill and charger that i don't need any more. I have already been looking for other items that may have a 12v battery in with them like remote contol cars and things but they all still work out expensive to do.