avington

HELP SVT-1000P SONY VIDEO RECORDER

I recently had cause to hand over a surveillance tape to the Police. The tape was recorded in 24hr time elapsed mode.

The Police viewed the tape in a ordinary 3hr VCR - and they said they could find nothing on the tape.

I am sure if time elapsed tapes are viewed in normal mode, there is the risk of destroying the tape because the VCR would be constantly trying to adjust the tracking.

Am I correct in thinking 24hr time elapsed recordings can only be viewed on VCR's designed to play time elapsed tapes.

The Police claim no damage will be done viewing such tapes on ordinary domestic VCR

Have played time lapse tapes on ordinary vcrs, but I don't recommend doing it that way, causes damage to the vcr. Was this just one channel or is there a mux or switcher inplace?

Thank you for your reply appreciate the info. Yes I have a switcher in place (4 cameras)

What I was concerned about, the Police tell me that the tape just shows a fussy picture now, nothing can be seen.

I was told on installation, only time elapsed vcr can view the tape. I had it on 24hr recording which is 8 times (correct me if I am wrong) faster than a 3hr vcr.

How is it possible to adjust the tracking to view, I understood the head would damage the tape trying to track at this speed