jamesseto

Panasonic WJ-SX850

Is this considered old technology? I have two of these cages and they're loaded with cards. I remember them originally hooked up to Panasonic DVRs. Is it worth it to put them back into service? Or, should I sell them and get something else?

If it is working, then keep it... it is a good hardware while it works.. However, if it does not work or any of the cards are bad (if you can figure out which ones), Panasonic has a very unique way to "persuade" people not to send anything for repair - they charge so much for them that it is not worth repairing... rather replace it.. or if you can find local repair facility that can do it cheaper...

Thanks for the reply. The units definitely work. I just no longer have the DVR recorders for them. I guess I can use "any" DVR unit, since it's just a coax connection.

If I were to sell this, where would you suggest? To be totally honest, this setup is WAY to big for what I need. I need 16 cameras. This is set up to run 112 cameras.

Maybe I can sell off some of the boards, and just keep enough for my use. That should be enough to pay for some new cameras and a couple of DVRs. LOL.

Not sure where you can sell it... e-bay may be? I see some interesting offers in e-bay.. but I never sold nor bought anything from them... using e-bay to check going rate for certain parts that we normally buy for specific computers, etc...

Maybe I can sell off some of the boards, and just keep enough for my use. That should be enough to pay for some new cameras and a couple of DVRs. LOL.

Yup, ok, if you say so...

I am sure there is someone out there that is looking for this hardware to use as spare or for parts... Do some research in the market, on the web and see what the response is... heck, you can put this up for sale here in this forum...

I just typed WJ-SX850 in e-bay and nothing came up... except found someone who trying to sell WV-CU950 controller.. looks like it is used and comes with 90 days warranty... well, this means that there are people who are selling this type of hardware in e-bay and who knows how many buyers..

Give it a try - you have nothing to loose... If you have to sell it, what will you ask for it? I have few existing customers who use this matrix switch... and I can find out if they have any uses...

Let us know.

I don't have a set price, because I would have to see what the market would dictate. However, I think I would be happy to offer them at 50% of retail for a quick sale.

I did what you said and looked up the WJ-SX850. The cage with CPU and power currently retails for $2300 new. I would think that $1200 would be a good deal, right? The cards would be the same way. Like the 16-channel video output board (WJ-PB85M16) retails for $700, I'd take $350. The 16-channel video crossport board retails for $1000, I'd take $500. And so on... Do you think that's fair? Is there enough room in there for you to sell it and make a profit?

If a dealer, like yourself, would take the entire thing and stock it, I would reduce it more, so it would be worth your time and effort.

What do you think? For all I know, my prices me be WAY to low or WAY to high... I don't know what the market would dictate.

This is what's in each cage. It looks like they complement each other.

======================================

Cage #1

(1) WJ-SX850 - Matrix Switcher Card Cage w/ CPU and power

(1) WJ-PB85M16 - Video Output Board

(2) WJ-PB85T08, Ver 1.5 - 8 Channel Video Processor Board

(6) WJ-PB85C16 - 16 Channel Video Crossport Board

(1) CPU Board

Cage #2

(1) WJ-SX850 - Matrix Switcher Card Cage w/ CPU and power

(12) WJ-PB85X08 Ver 1.5 - 8 Channel Video Input Board