Sign in to follow this  
kitaudio

Dome Camera Review?

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to place a few camera's in my parent's ice cream shop. We're going on vacation for a while and we need camera's that can watch the employees and see the number of customers. The budget is about $150-200 per camera. We really don't need much detail except for the camera watching the cash register. We prefer dome camera's. I've searched for dome camera reviews but wasn't able to come across much. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ahead.

How big is the area of concern? Is it a small or large size shop? The main reason for asking this question is to determine if you need wide angle lens or narrow angle lens, both varifocal, to accommodate your system.

There some really good minidomes from various major manufacturers... and the price range is realistic...

Let us know and we will give you model number and possibly even pricing range...

The shop is 1300 square feet. 600 SF is the dinning area. We mainly want to view perhaps 3 camera's in the dinning area and 1 or 2 camera's by the cash register.

Would it be more cost effective to go with a wide angle or multiple camera setup?

Thanks again for your help.

Is this a good camera for $160-180 price range?

7500 1/3" Super HAD CCD Man. Pan/Tilt IR Vari Focal Armor Dome

SPECIFICATIONS

Image Sensor Color 1/3" Sony Super HAD CCD

Resolution 480 TV Lines

Minimum Illumination 0.00 (IR on)

Lens Furnished 4-9mm Varifocal

Power Supply 12V DC

Power Consumption 400mA

LEDS 24

Scanning 2:1 Interlace

Shutter Speed 1/60~1/100,000

Sync. Type Internal

S/N Ratio More than 45dB

The shop is 1300 square feet. 600 SF is the dinning area. We mainly want to view perhaps 3 camera's in the dinning area and 1 or 2 camera's by the cash register.

Would it be more cost effective to go with a wide angle or multiple camera setup?

Thanks again for your help.

Are any of the cameras may face towards outside?

Here are some decent choices that will do the trick..

1. Sanyo VCC-9684VA Indoor Mini Dome Camera, 540TVL, 2.8mm - 8.0mm Lens

2. Ganz ZC-D4039NHA 1/3" Color hi res dome w/3-9mm A/I varifocal, 540TVL

3. PANASONIC WV-CF284 Compact color mini dome camera, 540TVL, simple Day/Night, 2x vari-focal lens

All these items above fall in the price range that you wanted.. and of course, Panasonic is the highest cost...

Anyone of these will do the job... and I will put anyone of them in my store, if I had one... They all come with three years warranty, excellent picture quality and ease of installation... they take both 12VDC or 24VAC voltage inputs... etc...

If interested on actual pricing, send me PM...

Good luck.