zenrook

Does nyone have experience w/ Kcusa.com?

I came across Kcusa.com.

http://store.yahoo.com/kcusa/

Their price seems too good to be true. (I am not affiliated with them in any way.)

For ex. 8 camera 120 fps full system with 1200GB and 8 color dome cameras are priced at $1,338.99.

Does that sound right? Does anyone have any experience with this company? I am new to this DVR, so if you can give me pointers as to what to ask these guys, I'd appreciate it..

TIA! (Thanks In Advance)

Well, honestly, there is a few things that they get you on

1. CMOS cameras, not CCD, means BAD QUALITY PICTURE

2. AMD Cpu is not recommended for dvr, the dvr chipset (hint chip) only works goood with intel chipsets, issues with all others.

3. for that price I coild get you something better (ok so I'm hitting below the belt:-) )

send me a pm if you wish to discuss further, if not, I at least recommend you to look for something else, or at least tell them to change the specs on the machine and swap the cameras for CCD.

Well, honestly, there is a few things that they get you on

1. CMOS cameras, not CCD, means BAD QUALITY PICTURE

2. AMD Cpu is not recommended for dvr, the dvr chipset (hint chip) only works goood with intel chipsets, issues with all others.

3. for that price I coild get you something better (ok so I'm hitting below the belt:-) )

send me a pm if you wish to discuss further, if not, I at least recommend you to look for something else, or at least tell them to change the specs on the machine and swap the cameras for CCD.

also,they are calling a mini dome camera, an undercover camera! Shows their vast cctv knowledge!

The cards they advertise are Avermedia. I think that is a fairly good line. Anyone have personal use of the Avermedia product? The cameras are the usual low cost Taiwanese which isn't necessarily bad, but they will have problems with any backlight situation so you have to position them with that in mind.