bobw

remote viewing on the Nokia

Trying to view my Avtech DVR on my Nokia E61i

I get the interface, put in the password but then nothing.

Is there some other software I should be using.

I've googled 'til I'm blue in the face but come up with nothing

You should say wich AVTech modl are you using

Unfortunately I have a 780W and it doesnt have a Java server, so when you try to connect through the web server it requires the installation of an ActiveX component, something that the native web browser in Nokia wont accept

If you are lucky enough and you have a newer DVR then you can hook up using the standard browser, search for "avtech java app" in this forum

Other than trying the different versions here then I do not know what to tell you.

http://211.22.74.18/

If the above AVTech address is down then there is a mirror here:

http://www.lakson.com.sg/cpcam/

Are you using GPRS/3G or are you using Eagle Eyes?

Do you input an IP address, or do you use a dyndns.com kind of product address?

The fact that you are getting to the DVR is a good sign! That is the hard part! Now I wish we could solve the rest of it!

I wonder if it may be more of a problem with the phone ISP?

Edited by Guest

I wonder if it may be more of a problem with the phone ISP?

Hi scorpion, he really gets to the web server page, he also puts the user/login and then, probably, the DVR server tries to install the ActiveX, maybe saying something like "you dont have permission to see home . h t m"

I suspect its a 780W ActiveX-server-windows-only like mine, wanting to install the ActiveX on the Nokia web browser, it wont be possible since it works only for Windows, perhaps it works on WinCE devices, I dont know

Im glad that later models are using Java, being the most important reason accessibility to any device regardless of platform, he the device can run Java then it can see the cameras

I'm thinking on an alternate solution to bring mobility to non-Java AVTech models.

Thats what Im thinking of:

- 1 PC networked on the same LAN as the DVR

- A program that runs a web server and then launches a customized Video Server version that gets the video feed and save it as a series of jpg images

- Then send those images back to the web server (on the PC) where we can see them

Is not an easy project, at least for me, but Im starting right now.

My first step will be embed the ActiveX control on a separate application that does all the login involved, if I can do that and get images from the DVR then half the work is done!

If you can afford to have a PC running all the time (at least all the time you NEED to access the DVR) then you certainly could "see" the cameras, with some delay (a few seconds, depending on the implementation)

I dont know if this is the right thread to start this, perhaps I should start a new one to see if there any more people interested What do you guys think?

I am more interested as a tinkerer then having a tool in the bag to help a customer.

For the Value of AVC 760, or an AVC 760AS then there is not motive to get a person to buy a computer assuming that they had one, or buying a developed software to install on a computer.

I just do not see people jumping on that bandwagon.

With that being said I will look like a liar as about 50 are going to post a question where this post is going to be the answer.

Now lets roll up our sleeves and have some "techie" fun.

Are you computer programmer? You must know C++ like the back of your hand!