mprop

need help with dvr purchase

Hello, I am looking to get a 16 channel dvr with two audio inputs, internet capable, 500g harddrive, and be able to allow a computer to record simutaniously from a remote location in case the dvr is taken. Does anyone know of a drv that will perform theese functions? thanks

Hi,

I'm sure there are many DVR's that have the ability to remotely cycle record out there. The model I use is the G4-RTA Series DVR. This remote recording feature is accomplished via the client software loaded at the location you wish to back up to. I have one customer who backs up her DVR via this method where she has the back up PC located in another building on the property that is on the same network. Only her and I know it is in place. Both are on battery back up as well. This solution was implemented due to the fact that my customer feared not only the DVR being stolen but also the power being cut prior to break in. Very fluid and does not consume a lot of bandwidth.

Visit our site to learn more.

Thanks

Mike

Hi,

I'm sure there are many DVR's that have the ability to remotely cycle record out there. The model I use is the G4-RTA Series DVR. This remote recording feature is accomplished via the client software loaded at the location you wish to back up to. I have one customer who backs up her DVR via this method where she has the back up PC located in another building on the property that is on the same network. Only her and I know it is in place. Both are on battery back up as well. This solution was implemented due to the fact that my customer feared not only the DVR being stolen but also the power being cut prior to break in. Very fluid and does not consume a lot of bandwidth.

Visit our site to learn more.

I figured that I needed a computer runing client software. By being on the same network, does that mean I need a dedicated T1, or will regular broad band work?

there are middle range and high range, be sure to check on these factors,

1. customer support

2. if you need video analytics or not

3. performance, video quality , fps etc