Sign in to follow this  
tblake

Sensormatic VS Checkpoint

Hey bud, it is taking longer time than usual with Checkpoint tech support to identify these components...

The problem is that similar packaged data acquisition box also used for various other models, so they can not identify exactly which one it is... Power supply and the rest of the components are no brainer...

The main issue is that they think this data box is very old (one of their earlier models) that may not have the flexibility that newer models have... if so, nothing could be done to interface with UltraDome VII's... and the only option is to get the translator from Sennetech...

If you can give me exact part number, then we may have a chance... The older data acquisition boxes from Checkpoint were not, well, user friendly and there is very little info in the market. Checkpoint tech support thinks that they are, as newer models should have the product code or part number visible on the front of the units...

Sorry bud, I am doing everything possible here and without this additional info on their data acquisition, not much of anything else is worth trying...

No Problems. I just am greatfull you are willing to help me. Thank you so much.

I havn't been at my store for about a week. I will hopefully get there tomorrow though and I will try and find any sort of model number on that PTZ server.

Maybe we could go a different rout.....

Since I will need an additional PTZ server anyways, is there a specific model number that will be compatible with the controller I have and also the sensornet PTZ's?

My suggestion will be to go with their latest Data distribution box. Do not have the exact part number right now.. then what you need to do is to assign the protocol to operate RS485 (some wiring must change at both ends to and from the Sensormatic domes)...

However... I know that the Data distribution box is costlier than adding another Sensormatic dome.. so you have to weight both sides of the coin - will it be better to spend more for data distribution to control all the domes or just add another sensormatic dome and you are ready to rock and roll.... that question is for your management.. as you stated before, they do not want to spend money...

Good luck and let us know.