Sign in to follow this  
dmor

Outdoor enclosure question

I am looking to buy an outdoor housing for a box cam. My question is how important is it to get one with,

1. Heater (prevents fogging & ice in winter ????)

2. Fan (for cooling in summer time I assume.)

Cameras will be setup in central Arkansas.

Thanks

It also depends on the camera operating temperature, as to weather you need the heater/fan assembly.

It also depends on the camera operating temperature, as to weather you need the heater/fan assembly.

/Wave

Most people in the Southern states don't have to worry about a heater for the cameras to function. Now as far as a blower... well... that's a different story.

I know on our building we use nothing but a basic housing and it's functioning perfectly and has been for about 2 years now. unless you count the wasp nest on the bracket as a camera problem.

That would be the best thing I can think of.

Thanks,

John

I look at the heater/blower as insurance. The cost of a housing with heater/blower and the cost of a housing without a heater/blower is very minor. Most clients of ours have no problem paying the difference when they understand what the housing is doing for their investment.

But, we need them here in Oregon anyways...

Thanks for all the replies. I am a much more informed cctv user because of all the effort and the time all of you take to put into your replies.

For me no fan or heater means less wire to run. The enclosures I am looking for are for Panasonic WV-CP484 box cams. I have Nuvicos outdoors and the are the best bullets I have tried, (I am no pro, just for personal use) but recently I have tried the aforementioned box cams and the capabilities, customization allowed puts this cam in a different league and makes this box cam fun to work with and setup, (custom setup with masking capabilities & such). So, I want tot put a couple outdoors and play with them.

Thanks again to all of you.

David