jcommerce

Newb looking for Sensei to help this young grasshopper

Complete Newb here, looking for a Sensei to help this young Grasshopper set up remote viewing:

I am a Newb and also am not very familiar with setting up networks in general, let alone for my camera system. The best thing I can do is list my setup below and see if there is help for me. I also have a DynDNS account, but have no idea what to do with it.

-Swann MPEG 4 DVR (connected to desktop PC via ethernet cable)

IP Address: 192.168.1.99

-The PC is connected to a wireless network and is not hard wired (the router is in a completely other part of my house) Can I even do this over a wireless network? There are 4 computers and 2 other people in my house that rely on the wireless network and I don't want to risk screwing up my connection and be w/o the internet from altering my routers settings.

-D-Link DI-624 Wireless Router

When I run ipconfig on the PC, these are the results:

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection Specific DNS Suffix:

IP Address : 192.168.1.2

Subnet Mask : 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway :

Ethernet adapter Wireless Connection 2:

Connection Specific DNS Suffix:

IP Address : 192.168.0.102

Subnet Mask : 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway : 192.168.0.1

Would this work for you?

This will allow you to use the wireless network, and give you a connection for your DVR, and your computer!

What do you think

Google

wireless bridge

dlink wireless bridge

Edited by Guest

I changed my post not realizing you had allready answered back.

I was looking for the bridge link.

what do you think?

It should. Ideally, I guess an alternative would be if I could plug my DVR directly into one of the ports on my wireless router and hopefully be able to connect to it wirelessly on my PC. Clear as mud I'm sure....

Best way to do it, as you note, is plugging your DVR directly into your router. Short of that, if I follow correctly, your PC has a wireless connection to the router, as well as a hardwired connection to the DVR - in this case, you should be able to just bridge the connections, and allow the other machines on the network to see the DVR. The drawback to this method is that the others won't be able to access the DVR if your machine isn't running.