hambone13

G4-LTA software, need help!!!

I have the G4-LTA. I was hoping to be able to use the Client software and view the footage on a computer. I set up a computer for this, connected with the correct cable,shows that it is working. I simply after many hours of doing almost everything, I keep getting a message, signin error. dvr busy ect. . I have gotten their manuals out, copied all numbers correctly in both DVR and computer but still the software will not work. Called tech support to the point that they are brushing me off. (Intellicom Systems)

Is there another software program that could be used, they said not.

AMD processore

256 ram

updated video card to XP( works on LCD monitor)

XP pro

10/100 ethernet card

What speed does the computer operate at?

You say AMD processor, it must be pentium 3 or higher equivalent.You need XP and IE6 or higher (will not work with firefox etc.)

and I think you will need at least 512 ram.

These units won't work on many older computers.

Also: IE go to security and allow or prompt all activX

be sure your firewall and router a arent blocking connection.

These have been pretty good machines and haven't had any glitches.

Good luck!

Thank you for answering this. I was wondering about the AMD processor verses the Intel. That I cannot change, but could increase the RAm, that is now 256. there is no firewall, and I do not have internet ex. set up. I only wanted to use the software, nothing else on this computer. the only thing on this is XP pro, the software, its tools, but was unable to get the software to show anythng. I have the channel No. showing but will not do anything when you ask for thelog files or anything showing any image at all Just keeps giving me a error message, log in failed. I have downloaded the latest Direct X files. There is no router.

Would be so nice if somewhere in their documation they would list the requirements for using this software. That inf. shows on other products.

You need XP and IE6 or higher (will not work with firefox etc.)...

Also: IE go to security and allow or prompt all activX

be sure your firewall and router a arent blocking connection.

isnt hambone talking about the actual client software -- not remote viewing over the internet

This is hambone13. yes all I wanted to do was use the client software to view it and also access the files from the soft ware. I have dial up, so using it for remote access is not possible.

Their advertising is a work of art.

Hi,

All you want to do is use the Client Software to view your DVR without a router? Sounds like the only thing you did not do was configure your computer correctly???

Make sure you are using the provided cat 5 patch cable to connect your DVR to your computer. Go into your Network connections in your control panel and highlight the Local Area Connection and select properties. Highlight Internet Protocol ( TCP/IP ) and select properties. Select the " Use the following IP address ", I manually configure my computers IP address to 192.168.1.104 ( any number will work as long as it IS NOT the DVR IP address, with the submask of 255.255.255.0 and nothing in the default gateway. Close out of that configuration box.

Type in the DVR's IP address ( my DVR is 192.168.1.150 ) and the web viewer will appear. Also works using the client as well.

Hope this helps. Please let us know.

Thanks

Mike