alpine0000

who makes the G4 dvr's?

well, as the title says...

I have a G4-8RTA-D1 H.264 DVR. i know it brags about a texas instruments DSP, and it says Gen IV when i boot it up, but is Gen IV (G4) the manufacturer, or just part of the model number? im pretty sure that this is made by another manufacturer with the Gen IV and T.I. stickers slapped on the front

i cant figure out who the original maker of the equipment is, or the name of the company who is repackaging these. haha

that said, i am very happy with its performance though for what i use it for!

well, as the title says...

I have a G4-8RTA-D1 H.264 DVR. i know it brags about a texas instruments DSP, and it says Gen IV when i boot it up, but is Gen IV (G4) the manufacturer, or just part of the model number? im pretty sure that this is made by another manufacturer with the Gen IV and T.I. stickers slapped on the front

i cant figure out who the original maker of the equipment is, or the name of the company who is repackaging these. haha

that said, i am very happy with its performance though for what i use it for!

You can post a picture here for us to recognize.

Try Intellicam Systems, they claim it's theirs.

yea, i purchased it from one of the dealers involved on this forum, and he had it drop-shipped from intellicamusa... but for some reason i just dont see them as being the makers easily a chance that im wrong, though... i also have some cameras from them, too.

Oh, and i cant post any pictures/links yet because I dont have enough posts

But, with the full model number that I gave you, you can google it and get fast results

thanks for the replies!

Intellicam "has it made" overseas (and I think I read somewhere that HIKVision has something to do with it) but it is their design/specs (this is what I've been told by Intellicam directly)

Jim

It is covered here:

Oops..

Freaking forum still won't let me post links?

use " 12176 " at the end of the forum address above to get to the page.

/I really thought I'd posted 5 times by now.