cctv_down_under

Divar 2 with inbuilt DVD

We just installed one a couple of weeks ago. It is the standard DIVAR as far as most of the operation goes.

The DVD in my opinion is VERY misleading!! The only thing you can do with the DVD is to archive large amounts of searched video. The search parameters require you to use the front panel buttons to set up the search routine then record to DVD. You can not do anything associacted with the DVD from the remote client software!!

I really chewed out one of the Bosch product support guys for such a stupid configuration of a good feature gone wrong!

Don't speed the extra $$ for the DVD unless you need to archive large amounts of video. Instead, install a DVD burner in the client computer and burn small video segments from there.

We just installed one a couple of weeks ago. It is the standard DIVAR as far as most of the operation goes.

The DVD in my opinion is VERY misleading!! The only thing you can do with the DVD is to archive large amounts of searched video. The search parameters require you to use the front panel buttons to set up the search routine then record to DVD. You can not do anything associacted with the DVD from the remote client software!!

I really chewed out one of the Bosch product support guys for such a stupid configuration of a good feature gone wrong!

Don't speed the extra $$ for the DVD unless you need to archive large amounts of video. Instead, install a DVD burner in the client computer and burn small video segments from there.

ofcourse, what exactly did you expect the DVD would be for??? Its installed in the DVR, a DVD is only what 4GB, the HDD is much larger. Its just an alternative to using a PC to backup recorded video, this is how all the DVRs with CDs and DVDs work. Many people dont want their staff using a PC, thats why the front control on the DVRs are useful, something PC DVRs dont have.