Graven

Recommendation for DVR

Hello all,

Does anyone know of any standalone DVR's that allow you to start/stop recording and export the recorded data across the network without having to have physical access to the dvr or needing to wire for switches ?

I am looking to setup a few interview rooms with DVR's. The rooms are already wired with analog camera's and mic's from a previouse setup, the dvr of which has long since given up the ghost.

The client wants to have a system controllable via their network where a non computer savy user can click on a link, get to the appropriate room, and click to start and stop recording. After the recording , the file then needs to be saved or exported to the remote computer in a standard format such as AVI. I have tried a couple of Avermedia embedded DVR's but there is a sync lag between audio and video on a remote record and the dvr's cannot be commanded to start and stop recording to their local drive via the network.

So anyway can anyone recommend a DVR that will do this effectively ? Embedded is preferred but cards are doable as well.

Thanks

Hi!

You can have a look on this system from China (cards/SDK) and Australia (software development).

JD

Hello all,

Does anyone know of any standalone DVR's that allow you to start/stop recording and export the recorded data across the network without having to have physical access to the dvr or needing to wire for switches ?

I am looking to setup a few interview rooms with DVR's. The rooms are already wired with analog camera's and mic's from a previouse setup, the dvr of which has long since given up the ghost.

The client wants to have a system controllable via their network where a non computer savy user can click on a link, get to the appropriate room, and click to start and stop recording. After the recording , the file then needs to be saved or exported to the remote computer in a standard format such as AVI. I have tried a couple of Avermedia embedded DVR's but there is a sync lag between audio and video on a remote record and the dvr's cannot be commanded to start and stop recording to their local drive via the network.

So anyway can anyone recommend a DVR that will do this effectively ? Embedded is preferred but cards are doable as well.

Thanks

One solution – assuming you have the network capacity, connect cameras

and mics to a video server in each room, connect servers to the network

and record over the network on remote computer with recording software.

no need for a DVR!

no need for a DVR!

Yes. You just rename it to NVR.

no need for a DVR!

Now you're getting technical.

no need for a DVR!

Now you're getting technical.

No, I just loathe poorly thought out marketing bull****.

Kind of ironic that a guy from sales accuses me of marketing bull since I work in the purely technical area of DSP engineering - currently not applied to cctv but may do in future.

Anyway, does not look like any contribution from me would be welcome here, so you win Thomas, I am out of here.

Kind of ironic that a guy from sales accuses me of marketing bull since I work in the purely technical area of DSP engineering - currently not applied to cctv but may do in future.

Anyway, does not look like any contribution from me would be welcome here, so you win Thomas, I am out of here.

My title is sales support. My job is to make things work. I don't sell to clients, I make sure what sales sells will work and what the customer intends will work. And if your contributions are going to be poorly thought out marketing nonsense, then yes, expect to get called on it.

My title is sales support. My job is to make things work. I don't sell to clients, I make sure what sales sells will work and what the customer intends will work. And if your contributions are going to be poorly thought out marketing nonsense, then yes, expect to get called on it.

Thomas

I am getting confuse, what did he say to make u think its

"poorly thought out marketing nonsense" ?

it looks to me he was trying to help poster

Thx

no need for a DVR!

It's a stupid marketing line that's thrown around by ip marketing people. The best part is that you get people who do think that's true. And while some cameras do support to writing to things like SD cards, you get very limited recording options.

But the idea of the there being a radical difference between NVR's and DVR's is a fairly false one. You still end up with a machine set aside to just record.

Most of the DVR's that I have worked with have the option to start/stop recording over the network. Hope this helps