Sign in to follow this  
jeromephone

has anyone used the Pelco IP access control product

I ran a demo on the Pelco IP access control stuff, I wasn't too impressed. The user interface was clunky, and not too user friendly. I don't think I would run it.

The Edge Solo devices from HID are nice, however you cannot link the 3 doors together and your client would have to manage each one individually. Off the record, you can backup the database from one door and restore on the new door but its hit and miss.

I've done quite a few installs now with the Pelco system and I have gotten to like it... It is nice having the eidc units right above the door so it makes setup and troubleshooting easy... it's also much less labor intensive and less costly because you are running only one cat5e compared to the handful of copper you need for traditional systems... The software took a little while to get used to but my customers all appreciate it... Pelco's technical support leaves something to be desired though...

pelco just dumped their ac - i might look elsewhere for ac

Pelco announced today that it is exiting the electronic access control business. The company said that the current economic climate affected its decision.

The news means the shuttering or divestiture of the Intelli-M access control system and the entirety of Pelco’s electronic access business.

http://www.securityinfowatch.com/online/The-Latest/Pelco-exiting-access-control-business/19777SIW306

Hi

IP-based Intelli-M access control system, bringing together the power of security integration with Pelco's legendary services and 100 percent c

With the recent Schneider Electric merger, and is very excited regarding the responsibility for the management of the Integral product line, which includes its very popular access control product Intelli-M. "

"This is our first step into an industry newly explored by Pelco," said Pelco's Robert C. McKee. Each Intelli-M PoE (Power over Ethernet)-enabled door controller

Hi

With the recent Schneider Electric merger, Pelco has assumed and is very excited regarding the responsibility for the management of the Integral product line, which includes its very popular access control product Intelli-M. "This is our first step into an industry newly explored by Pelco," s

What ??

We installed one system it works fine but we got our tech support diectly from whoever owns Intell m at this point.

I think Pelco is out of the picture on this product

What ??

We installed one system it works fine but we got our tech support diectly from whoever owns Intell m at this point.

I think Pelco is out of the picture on this product

I like how you can have 2 readers on the same unit. Can't do that with EDGE or Isonas.

Info on the company and Pelco's involvement.

http://www.infinias.com/main/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=L8jvqK4gOSc%3d&tabid=61&mid=390

My experience with the product has been nothing but great! It's solid, cost-effective and easy to install, especially when using electric strikes. Not to mention you have read in and read out when the application calls for it.

My experience with the product has been nothing but great! It's solid, cost-effective and easy to install, especially when using electric strikes. Not to mention you have read in and read out when the application calls for it.

What is the available amperage for strikes and mags? How are you integrating to fire alarms with mag locks?

I ran a demo on the Pelco IP access control stuff, I wasn't too impressed. The user interface was clunky, and not too user friendly. I don't think I would run it.

The Edge Solo devices from HID are nice, however you cannot link the 3 doors together and your client would have to manage each one individually. Off the record, you can backup the database from one door and restore on the new door but its hit and miss.

HID has third party companies the can integrate multiple doors with the edge system.

http://www.brivo.com/