hello everyone newcomer i have bought aVantage dome camera from ebay model Vsc 4801 all i have are bare wires black/red/yellow/white. where would these connect to please.

hello everyone newcomer i have bought aVantage dome camera from ebay model Vsc 4801 all i have are bare wires black/red/yellow/white. where would these connect to please.

Well, as an educated guess, I'd say red should be +12VDC, yellow would be video out, white is audio out, and black would be a common ground for all three.

My guess is similar. red= +12vdc black= -12vdc yellow= +video white = -video.

I'm more certain that red/black is your 12vdc power. Yellow is definitely part of the video signal. I don't know if I've ever seen power and video share the same ground, but I could be wrong.

Edited by Guest

I see that all the time in board cameras, cheap or not. Most of them will have separate wires coming out for power and video, but if you look inside, almost all 12VDC-powered cameras share the ground at some point.

Whoops, had to edit my message to get the polarity of the power correct. That's what I get for making late night posts while tired.

The common ground is true, I was just thinking in terms of the output connections normally seen with a dome camera. I was assuming that the camera didn't have a microphone. If it does, then Soundy is right on with the wire assignment.