scorpion

DVR does not work on lan. Zonet ZFS3016

I have a tech support request from an old customer.

They have an ATT modem, Zonet ZFS 3016, and an old Orbix DVR (Securpoint / Argus ).

They recently changed from ATT to Cable Broadband modem. All of the computers are working online. The DVR cannot be seen locally.

I was driving by the place, and I pulled in to do a quick check as I was in route to another appointment. I did an IP config, and I was surprised to see the modem IP address and a road runner dns.

It is if the modem is being passed right through the Zonet.

OK? What kind of situation do I have here?

I tried various keyword Google searches, and I was unable to find a manual for the ZFS 3016. I do not even know what the 3016's default IP address is.

Does anyone have a manual? Does anyone know the default IP address to get inside?

Your help would be greatly appreciated. I have left an email with Zonet, but I do not know when they will respond.

Thanks in advance

That is why I was looking for a manual for this.

Why would everything work one day then crash with a change of an internet provider?

I need to get all of the computers back to a Lan static so that I can put the DVR back to a lan static.

I do not know what chages came about that they can no longer see the DVR on the lan. I can throw in a router if need be.

Now I am just on a "mission" to figure out why in case I have another customer that has the same fate.

Thanks for you input!

Sounds strange but I suggest you take it step by step. Bring your own cheap small switch and connect the DVR and a computer. If you can see it then or not provides you with more info where the error might be.

What is the IP of the computers on the LAN, try configuring the DVR to a similar IP addy to see if it shows then.

They were having troubles of some sort prior to them calling me. They took the computers off of static ip (lan) and switched to automatic ip.

When I did an IP config on the computer that they mostly view the cameras it gave me the outside IP address and info, and verified with IP chicken.

Ok! If I take off the broadband modem, and replace it with the ATT modem then it would go back to the way it was? Would this be right?

I could not find a reset button on the back/bottom/front.

This is not my issue as I am not the networking guy that they use. They just called me because the only problem they had was the DVR.

I have not done it, but I know for a fact that if I stuff a Netgear router it the Zonet's place then I will get the 192.168.0.XXX addressing, and then I can put the computers back to static, and then the DVR will be viewable over the lan, and if I punch the port then it should be viewable from the Wan.

I am just taking this opportunity to learn from the situation. I am not a computer guy, and I am not an IT guy. I was just hoping that I solved a tricky AVTech problem for an IT guy, and they would come to my rescue unlike RickA who PMs with snide remarks to my computer stupidity, and how I am such a network dummy. How can I call myself a CCTV guy when I cannot solve a simple problem with a switch / router situation.

Cheez RickA! I get the hint! Wow! You are tough! I am an attic rat, not an airconditioning sucking, chairborne IT Ranger! (Secretly during the summertime I wish I was one. Maybe someday when I grow up)!

OK! I lied! RickA never PM me with that message, but I bet he was thinking it!! LOL!