djkyle65

Daycare indoor cameras

Hello im looking for indoor dome cameras that could be used to monitor our daycare . Im looking to spend under 200 per camera.

Can anyone recommend good indoor domes? I dont need them to work at night or anything just during the day. The rooms are well lit and the cameras will not be facing any windows

Thanks Kyle

If I was doing a site survey then I would say "wrong answer" to your request.

I would recommend a mix, and match approach. I would use some one inch by one inch mini cameras. These are very, very inexpensive. You may be able to find them from a CCTV company for about $100.00 each.

I would make you spend the most money on the front door camera, and the back door camera. IR is a must no matter how good your lighting is.

I would anticipate the power going out, and I would expect you to have battery back up (UPS) for the cameras, and the DVR so that it will keep recording. It could also be a crook who turns off the power. You will get a shot of him with the DVR and the cameras still recording.

I would use a covert camera that looks like motion detector in the area where you store food, or where you have a kitchen to serve lunch to the kids. You will be surprised at how much food "walks out the door".

I would use a covert camera with the baby area to protect them.

Do not worry about buying a bunch of cameras. What you do is buy the biggest DVR that you can afford! Buy a 16 Channel if you can.

Buy at least one good outdoor camera for the parking lot, and buy one great camera for the front door, and one covert for the food area, and then use the mini cameras for here, and there.

When you need more cameras then it is easy to add on as you allready have a 16 channel DVR.

You can set this up to watch you DVR from home. You never know when staff does not show up, or they go home without warning. You would not know unless someone called.

The reason why I want a great camera at the front door is that if you ever have a confrontation with a parent then you have a good "head and shoulders" to show to the police!

What do you think?