RC_TeeJay

ACTi NVR software alternatives

ACTi NVR software version 2.2.2.8 has got to be one of the worst programs I've ever used that I actually paid for. It's a disjointed collection of utilities that are so poorly integrated it's painful to use. After just a couple days trying to get it all working, I found about a half dozen major/fatal bugs and numerous minor bugs. Documentation is almost no help.

I give them credit for all they are trying to do. But the execution is so poor I'm afraid I have to look elsewhere.

So my question - what Windows XP NVR software is the best in terms of stability, few bugs, works w/ ACTi Megapixel cameras, and has decent English documentation?

(Yes I searched)

You got lots of choices. My favourite is Omnicast from Genetec if the customer can afford it. Otherwise Milestone or Exacqvision would do the job for you.

FWIW i recenlty been demoing Exacq, Milestone, and Luxriot, and in my purely non-professional opinion, Exacq seems to offer the best mix of camera support/user interface/& feature set.

ACTi's software is very unstable and full of bugs.

Milestone is very reliable software and as mentioned before, so are luxriot, OnSSI and Genetec.

ACTi NVR software version 2.2.2.8 has got to be one of the worst programs I've ever used that I actually paid for. It's a disjointed collection of utilities that are so poorly integrated it's painful to use. After just a couple days trying to get it all working, I found about a half dozen major/fatal bugs and numerous minor bugs. Documentation is almost no help.

I give them credit for all they are trying to do. But the execution is so poor I'm afraid I have to look elsewhere.

So my question - what Windows XP NVR software is the best in terms of stability, few bugs, works w/ ACTi Megapixel cameras, and has decent English documentation?

(Yes I searched)

Hi,

try NUUO NVR, Milestone (all versions), Aimetis, Lux Riot, Excaq all work, but NUUO is propably most easiest interface - fo normal user - to understand and use..

H

I am testing Video Insight's new IP software right now and it is very nice. I'm running a Acti ACM-7411, Arecont 3130, and (2) Axis 207MW's. So far is looks and feel good, no bugs, and the clent & internet access are pretty slick............

Whenever you get software for free.........go figure it is buggy. I suppose when a camera manufacture figures out that if they supply a DECENT free NVR package that they will sell a lot more cameras..............but that makes sense eh?

And the facts are...in this techno rapid market you can't provide free software that works unless the labor and skills to build it are paid for.

Try BiKal's EyeSoft IP Camera software which has the same features and more over Acti's software. You can download a free trial of the 64ch version with video analytics to test the software without paying a penny. Google BiKal IP CCTV to download the software.

I settled on LuxRiot. Seems to be pretty stable.

Lower 1/3 of megapixel 1280x1024 @ 8 fps does flicker/mosaic sometimes and I haven't been able to dial that out yet.