icecone

economic crisis

Given the present sweeping economic crisis, will CCTV field be adversely affected? I am concerned about this, because i just joined a CCTV company .

Economic Crisis = Higher Crime Rate = Less Than Adequate Protection For Most Clients = More Business

If your providing the necessary solutions, the crisis shouldn't affect you that much.

We are slammed with work.

Economic Crisis = Higher Crime Rate = Less Than Adequate Protection For Most Clients = More Business

If your providing the necessary solutions, the crisis shouldn't affect you that much.

We are slammed with work.

Our company does sales/support but not directly an installer. A lot of companies we deal with have said they are affected because many customers of theirs do not have the sufficient funds coming in to purchase a security system.

This is simply my take on it and I have talked to about 5-10 of our customers and this is the reply that I've been given.

Thanks,

John

I think what's going to be most impacted is big new projects. A lot of large organizations are going to face significant cash constraints that will force them to delay new projects. We are already seeing this in banking and retail. With all the impending school budget costs, you are likely to see that in 2009.

I have a write-up on this topic for those interested: http://ipvideomarket.info/report/ip_video_market_forecast_2009

Our company does sales/support but not directly an installer. A lot of companies we deal with have said they are affected because many customers of theirs do not have the sufficient funds coming in to purchase a security system.

The same with me - they are afraid that crime will go up, but dont have money to buy stuff. So, it really feels that i`m getting less sales.