Stuart

Time and Date trouble

I need assistance with a PASA CPD503 Mpeg4 dvr. The clock and date setting will not remain current. It continues to go back to the default setting after a few hours each time that I reset it. The unit is working fine other than that.

I honestly do not know. The time and date just started going back to dafault a couple of months ago. Its as if a power failure happened, but that is not the case as the alarm does not go off. Mystery to me. Thanks for responding and help me if you can.

This happens during power outages, and unplugging the DVR, or turning it off at the power button.

The DVR is resetting to a default date, and now you cannot use your search to find video right?

There is a battery on the bottom and it is a MS621 Rechargable Litium Batt.

Note: Replacing this battery voids the warranty automatically. You should send it back to your dist/sellar to have authorized repair to keep your warranty!!!!!!

Edited by Guest

Thanks, I considered that possibly a battery was causing this. Yet, this is happening very often even though there is not a power outage or I am not unpluging it. Just yesterday I set the time and date and about 5 hours later it was back to default. But possibly the battery you mentioned is the culprit anyway. Is it readily available at any store? Thank you so much!!